Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can you tell how much video will fit on a recordable DVD without actually burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you tell how much video will fit on a recordable DVD without actually burning

I'm using MovieStudio (trial) and it doesn't seem you can tell how much video you can put on a recordable disc until you actually try to create the disc.

I'm archiving some video and want to be sure that the 3 files that fit on a data disc will work as a video DVD.

What is the best way to figure this out?
    - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Let MovieStudio creat "video folders" on the hard drive or an image. You can then check the sizes and burn with Nero.

Lame software like Sonic MyDVD blows up the video size by converting compressed audio to PCM which is all it supports :-) This means a 1 hr mpeg with layer2 audio grows by ~600MB as the compressed audio is uncompressed to PCM (*.wav) format.

--wally.

Comment

Good deal, that's what I was thinking but I wanted to be sure there wasn't come type of caveat.
      - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Working...
      X