• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firingsquad are doing marketing for MonsterCable

Read about it here.

Too obvious

Comment

The fools, everyone knows Monster Cable is the not even the best of the worst. Audio Quest cables are far supieror and only cost a little more than Monster for the low end line. Tisk, tisk...
      Of course, AQ doesn't have near the amount of specialty cables that Monster does.

My friend has a PS2 and we used to use the standard S-Video cable for it, which looked okay. We founf the Monster S-Video cable for a good price and decided to try it out. The video was MUCH better than the standard, and much, much, much crisper.

Go figure...

Jammrock
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

ultra-high-end cables such as those from Monster Cable

Oh My Aching Ass What a Contradiction!!!!

I hope there is room in Tom Pabst's Bucket for these guys too....ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

They should refer to Monster Cable as High Priced Crap.

Hmmmm.... Monster Cable and Bose deserve each other.

Paul
        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Originally posted by ALBPM

Hmmmm.... Monster Cable and Bose deserve each other.

Paul
          Monster Cable = Bose

Comment

Dogbert,

ALBPM is being VERY sarcastic. Bose speaker company always calls themselve 'audiophile' or 'ultra-high-end' speakers, when in fact they suck. For the same price you can go to your local B&W dealer and get speakers that will blow Bose away.

The same goes for Monster cable. They claim to be ultra-high-end but are not. Don't get me wrong, they are better than the generic OEM, thin black cables that come with most equipment, but nowhere near ultra-high-end, let alone audiophile grade.

Therefore ALBPM is making the sarcastic remark that Monster and Bose deserve each other for their great marketing, but shoddy products.

Jammrock

Comment

Go here for DIY el-cheapo audiophile grade stuff.

Comment

Bose speaker company always calls themselve 'audiophile' or 'ultra-high-end' speakers, when in fact they suck. For the same price you can go to your local B&W dealer and get speakers that will blow Bose away.
                That's exactly what I did. A friend of mine came with me when I bought my stereo. My audio store has a set of Bose in the B&W demo room. We listened to a bunch of B&W, and then for fun we switched to the Bose. Our jaws dropped, and then we almost fell to the floor laughing. The cheapest B&W completely outshone the Bose, making them sound like tin cans. Never Bose for me, and anyone else I know if I can help it.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Can't take Paul anywhere....ROFL!!!!!

Friends don't let Friends buy Bose or Monster Cable
                  "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Phew...

I emailed Alan @ FiringSquad about his article, and here is his reply:

Hi Jamm,

I agree with you completely. Your second point is exactly why we talk about Monster Cable -- there aren't many companies doing console cables (Interact/AR has some). With the Xbox you have the option of using the high-def AV pack and going with something like solid core Canare cable, but even then it's a bit esoteric.

Really, what this article is about is getting the lay person to realize that, YES, cables do make a difference. With this in mind, the market opens up and we'll see more demand for aftermarket cables for the gamer.

Also, as a side note, I have Audioquest Type-4 cable for my subwoofer. So yeah, I know about them.

Alan

In the end it seems that our beloved FiringSquad has not turned to the Tom side. Thank goodness!

...back to the Bose note...

My friend's Dad was looking for speakers and compared Bose to Klipsch. Klipsch blew the Bose out of the water. When I looked for speakers I compared the much higher-end Klipsch to my mid range B&W rig, and B&W blew Klipsch out the world. I won't even get into comparing MOnster cable to AQ and LAT...

Jammrock

Comment

Seeing as I'm only running an AR ARS112PS subwoofer at this time, my Monster THX is plenty, (got it for only $20 off ebay for a 4 meter cable.....) When I upgrade my sub, perhaps I'll upgrade my cable....

For now, here is my system:

Harman Kardon AVR55 receiver
                      Sony SCD-CE775 SACD/CD 5disc cd changer
                      KEF Q1 bookshelfs
                      Acoustic Research ARS112PS subwoofer with Polyfil

Using an AR Pro Series optical cable between CD changer and receiver. Cheap radioshack gold-plated cables between analog outputs for SACD playback and receiver. Monster THX subwoofer cable. Tara Labs Prism Biwire for the KEF's....should be coming later this week (running 12GA AR for now......)
                      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                        My audio store has a set of Bose in the B&W demo room. We listened to a bunch of B&W, and then for fun we switched to the Bose. Our jaws dropped, and then we almost fell to the floor laughing.
                        Hey that's a good idea. Put a Bose system in the same room as a B&W system and show people how bad it is

Speaking of Bose, my friend's dad bought a Bose system that was basically a radio, CD player and speakers in a small box, the Acoustic Wave Music System I think. Just for fun, he compared that to his "crappy" Klipsch Promedia 2.1 PC speakers. After he finished, he said "OMFG THE BOSE IS HORRIBLE!" The Klipsch speakers were $179. How much was the Bose system? $1000! We tried to convince his dad to take it back but we failed

Comment

Originally posted by ALBPM
                          Can't take Paul anywhere....ROFL!!!!!

Friends don't let Friends buy Bose or Monster Cable
                          ROFL!!
                          Titanium is the new bling!
                          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Working...
                          X