Phoenix 0.2 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix 0.2 Released

Phoenix 0.3 even lighter, even MORE customisable, ye gods! how are they doing this??

Will the wonders of computers will never cease?!

edit: like Wombat says down the bottom... good news for those of us with our online banking... plus, the site icons now appear in the personal tool bar

I LOVE this browser!
    Last edited by Agent31; 17 October 2002, 00:29.
    Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Another one for the 486...
    Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

why only the for the 486? (unless you're a die-hard for the "advanced" options tab)
      Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

in other news: beonex.com
        no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Originally posted by thop
          in other news: beonex.com
          lol, I'm gonna put a word filter on you cheeky git

OK, enlighten us, what is so special about this beonix customisation, except for the fact it's now two full revision points behind

Comment

Thop, are you paid for your advertising?

AZ

P.S.: Opera
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I just installed Phoenix 0.3. And the release notes say that 0.4 is scheduled for next week. Yikes!
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

if they keep putting out new versions like that i might have to switch from http://www.beonex.com

no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

0.3 has a couple bug fixes, but is mostly feature additions. Now the "no popup" option has a whitelist, so you can allow certain sites to have them. Good news for me and my online banking.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Hurrah for 0.3 ... "are ye angels?" ... "no, we are but men!"

Comment

Phoenix 0.3 is running really nice here. Didn't like the 0.1, but the 0.3 is nice.
                      (Unfortunately I'm using the Mozilla email client, so I guess I'll keep using Mozilla instead of Phoenix - a Phoenix version with email would be nice...)
                      But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                      My System
                      2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                      German ATI-forum

Comment

Not <I>with</I> e-mail. That's the whole point is to make a tool optimized for the job, without the entire "suite" riding along.
                        The Phoenix team has already said that once they get to 0.5 they will also start working on Minotaur, which is a Phoenix-like standalone of the Mozilla mail client.

Comment

Chugs a bit when I tried it.
                          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The thing is, I don't want to use two seperate programs for this. This is the whole point for me using the Mozilla client over other programs. The email client might as well be very basic for me (I'm sure this would not make startup-times much longer or the archive-size that much bigger).

I just like to just start Mozilla and while surfing being instantly noticed if I get mail - without the need to start half a dozen of seperate apps and having to close them again afterwards.

I'm quite sure that the other integrated things like newsreader, IRC and especially the stupid composer thing are much more responsible for the size of the Mozilla archive.
                            But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                            My System
                            2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                            German ATI-forum

Comment

Fair shout... however I suspect that Phoenix and Minotaur will be aware of one another and might integrate to some extent...
                              Frequently Asked Questions

What can I do to help?

We need all the distribution we can get. Tell your family. Tell your friends. Tell your coworkers. If you're a student, get it distributed at your college. Submit a story to Slashdot and other news sites about the release. Make some noise on your blog. Spread the word!

Comment

Working...
                              X