• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia + Overlay(s) ?

Hey guys,

Got another question

OK, correct me if I'm mistaken here...

As I understand it, there are at least 2 (if not 3) overlays on the Parhelia, each one corresponding to a specific display. I don't have the block diagram sitting in front of me, but this is what I recall...

OK...If I were to, say, take WinDVD...open it in the primary window...and then slide it over into the 2nd/3rd monitor, shouldn't the additional overlay "take over" ?

Obviously, I'm trying to say that my WinDVD/MediaPlayer/etc. window is not able to display the video stream on anything other than the primary window...But I thought this is what overlays were for?

Assume, for the sake of this discussion, that I'm not enabling the MaxDVD (or is it DVDMax?) option that will fullscreen the display on the second monitor...that part I can get working...

But what I would _really_ like is the ability to grab that window that's rendering a video on the primary screen, move it to the left/right monitor, and drive on doing what I'm working on over in the primary screen...

Am I totally wrong here? Is this a driver bug? Is there some switch that I missed somewhere along the way?

Thanks...

Parhelia has dual overlay support....works perfect on my dualhead setup...
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Actually, Parhelia can do overlay on all 3 displays...hardware on 1 and 2, software on 3.

HOWEVER....this feature was temporarily disabled in the 1.01 drivers, and should return in a future build. If using overlay on multi-monitors is needed, you will have to go back to older drivers...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I can drag it from one to the other in my system also, works fine..

Comment

In triplehead, or just dualhead?
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

OK...just got some clarification...
            You get a hardware overlay in dualhead independant mode on both displays.
            You get a software overlay when in triplehead mode for all 3.
            Should be working...unless you are using some funky resolution.
            Typedef, what res are you running, and can you try it at 3072x768?

Comment

Didn't know that Kruzin...thanks for the update...

Comment

Thanks for the responses boys...

It seems that under no circumstances, can I get a video stream working on the 2nd display...

As of this moment, this is what I'm working with...

1. 2x Dell FP2000 20" TFT's
                2. Resolution: 1600x1200 x 2 = 3200x1200
                3. Gigacolor desktop
                4. Dualhead DVDMax is disabled
                5. Running in Independent mode.
                6. Accelerate Motion Compensation is enabled
                7. Latest/greatest drivers

I think that's pretty much everything. I haven't even tried on triple head...When I do productive stuff, I run with this configuration, as my LCD's are 1600x1200 native.

I thought somebody else told me that the there was something about the current drivers as well...but he wasn't sure.

So...any other ideas? WinDVD v4 will just stop rendering the video the moment you bring that window across into the secondary display...

Comment

Try disabling gigacolor, and/or lowering the resolution.
                  Are you running dual DVI or analog?
                  What about if you run a stretched desktop instead of independant?

Comment

I'm pretty much doing exactly the same as typedef except I don't have a pair of TFTs. I was getting hardware overlay on all 3 displays when using TripleHead but I've now switched to DualHead independent as I couldn't hack that lowly 1280 res with TripleHead. Now I can only get hardware overlay on the primary display. Have to try lowering the res to see if that has any effect.

Comment

Ah-Ha!

Hmmmm....I wonder if it has something to do with independent mode or not...

Comment

I will try everything today when I get home, I haven't tried it with the new drivers yet.

Comment

Works perfectly in dual-independent with PowerDVD 4.0XP for me....

Perhaps WinDVD has something to do with it...

Download the trial version of PowerDVD and try again....

Comment

Just an update...

I'm running in triple-head right now, and WinDVD has no problem in either of my 3 displays...

When I run in dual-head mode, I have each one set to 1600x1200...Obviously, in triple-head, each is 1280x1024...

Maybe the resolution has something to do with it?

Comment

Try 2x1600x1200 (independent) in 16bit rather than 32bpp. I think I have read somewhere that that might work...

Odd though, as 3x1280x1024 is more raw pixels than 2x1600x1200.

gnep
                              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
                              X