Gurm Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gurm Update

Well, although I am at risk of being accused of continuing a spate of "woe" threads, I figured y'all might appreciate an update on my condition.

(Those who had no idea I was sick can, if they are BRAVE, read this thread.)

First up - I feel MUCH MUCH BETTER on an ongoing basis.

That said, I still do have a few outstanding problems.
    • Vision:
    • Still have lots of floaters, a whole gooey layer of 'em in fact. This might just have been coincidental (or triggered by the previous illness) and I may have to live with it. Good news, it's getting to be less of an impediment, and if it doesn't go away entirely there are treatments available (lasers, surgery).
    • My eyes ache a lot, and seem to have pressure going on.
    • I still have light sensitivity (not as bad as it was).

• Neuro?:
    • Dizziness. When I get up suddenly I'm dizzy. In the morning I'm dizzy. The rest of the day it's not so bad but...
    • Insomnia/Vertigo: When I try to sleep (any time of day) I drift off and am THIS CLOSE to sleeping when suddenly my mind is racing, my pulse is over 100, and I am hit by a wave of vertigo. The drug I'm on (Lorazepam) lets me sleep at night, but I don't want to take it during the day (although it has been prescribed for twice-a-day morning-and-evening use) because if something happens to Logan I need to be myself, plus I have plenty of energy during the day although sometimes I'd like a nap.

• Other:
    • Still a bit queasy in the morning, although the past few days it's been HUNGER.
    • Still have irregular... umm... intestines. But that's getting better too lately.

The week before last I felt great. Slept until Logan woke me up, no queasiness, no dizziness. Then the weekend came and I abused myself - stayed up until midnight, ate shitty food, basically pushed my luck... and last week was bad again (dizzy in the morning, couldn't nap, queasy when waking.

So tomorrow I see the doctor - for my ONE MONTH checkup. It's been a whole month. Yikes!

While it is possible that I'm still dealing with the final remnants of an uber-flu (or two distinct flus, is more likely - one with the vomiting no energy sweating fever intestinal symptoms and another with the dizzy queasy visual problem symptoms) I'm going to ask about the possibility of an inner ear issue or an optic nerve issue... and push for an MR scan just to be on the safe side.

But as you all can see, I've been online all day every day (not ALL day, you know what I mean) lately, I'm back looking for a job and working on my web projects... so I'm doing MUCH better, and thank you all for all of your concern, the e-mails and IM's I got were very precious to me.

Now back to your regularly scheduled dose of curmudgeonliness.

- Gurm

P.S. Obligatory plug for my company:

P.P.S. Please note that immediately after Sasq left to get married, his server shit the bed, so that site may or may not work over the next 24 hours while I get the DNS remapped. Bleh.
    Last edited by Gurm; 1 October 2002, 11:36.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Glad to hear your feeling better day by day! Keep it up and you'll be back to normal!

I think most of us miss the ol' sarcastic Gurm! (the one with the strong opinions!)
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Get better soon - you old s**t!
        RedRed
        Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Gurm, how is your blood pressure?

I think you have had this tested more than once, but hurting eyes, and things like the dizziness you describe can be symptoms of a too high blood pressure (maybe too low also, but I don't know). Are yu sure the stuff in your eyes are floaters, or may it be like a shadow?

AZ
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Glad to hear things are on the up Gurm.

SEE EVERYONE? It's not all gloom and doom...
            DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Az,

Yeah it's floaters. But my EYE pressure might be up. I dunno, it's hard to say. But alternating days they (my eyes) seem to be ... fuller or something. Grr. Hard to explain. But my blood pressure is fine.

My PULSE on the other hand is HIGH.

- Gurm
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Hey, glad you`re getting better Gurm. Hope you`ll be feeling even better soon
                Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

Yep. Saw the doctor again today, he kept me on the "help you sleep" pills but at a lower dose - and is sending me (****ING FINALLY) for an MRI as a just-in-case measure.

- Gurm

Comment

Good luck, and I hope things continue to improve. Without much from you then lizzie, things were too quiet around here.

MadScot
                    Asus P2B-LS, Celeron Tualatin 1.3Ghz (PowerLeap adapter), 256Mb PC100 CAS 2, Matrox Millenium G400 DualHead AGP, RainbowRunner G-series, Creative PC-DVD Dxr2, HP CD-RW 9200i, Quantum V 9Gb SCSI HD, Maxtor 20Gb Ultra-66 HD (52049U4), Soundblaster Audigy, ViewSonic PS790 19", Win2k (SP2)

Comment

Get Well Soon...
                      No wonder theburningdesigns seemed dead the past few weeks.
                      Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                      ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Well, yeah that and we've been restructuring. We're going to be focusing on web development - putting the game on the back burner (focusing on planning and design rather than coding it) to make a few bucks.

Anyone need a content management system?

- Gurm

Comment

Good to see you getting back to your normal self
                          When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Actually, I'm kinda hoping that this MRI turns up a strange tumor that grants me with only 6 months to live but phenomenon-like cosmic powers.

Just so long as it doesn't turn me into John Travolta.

- Gurm

Comment

Maybe Siegfried AND Roy, then?

Hope it turns out good.

AZ
                              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...