MSI 745 o/c help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSI 745 o/c help

ok got myself a MSI745 today. the reason is here. already love it!

unlocked the multi, and did some serious o/c. as of now my XP 1600+ AGOIA runs at 1680Mhz (12 x 140). memory is some cheap hyunix or sth. CL2.5 PC2100. vCORE 1.800, vMEM 2.7V, mem timings: normal-6-3-3. it did 5-3-3 up to 138Mhz.

i might try to push the FSB 1,2 or 3 Mhz higher but first i need to know: is it safe to set vMEM to 2.8V? and if yes does it help? and what are the hidden (F3) memory settings good for?

and sth. is strange: the system wont boot at mem 5-2-2 even if the FSB is at 100 i have to clear the CMOS. bios is 1.3

did run superPI a few times and did some UT2003 demo loops, rock stable so far
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

I've been running mine with the mem @ 2.7v strangely enouugh it doesn't work at all set to 2.8v
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

ok i'll try one more mhz if it doesnt work i'll keep it at v2.7, i think 1680Mhz is good enough from 1400Mhz nice stepping it seems

Comment

1703 really amazing. 12 x 142, i'm not going any higher. the msi745 was really worth every penny , my k7s5a only let me do 10.5 x 143 (1501) stable.

in wcpuid it shows that the chipset supports side band adressing but it's disabled. is there a way to enable it and does it increase gfx speed at all? also in the mem settings options in the bios there is spread spectrum and the option below (stop/action), are both best left disabled or enabled?

Comment

I have Spead Spectrum enabled and Stop on the mem.

Sideband addressing is enabled here
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

hmm the nvidia display thingy shows chipset support SB, gfx supports SBA but it's not enabled. there is also an option "enable sba" but it turns off when i click ok same for agp rate etc. - i need some MTSTU for nvidia cards now

Comment

Try PowerStrip. With this you can enable Sidebanding and Fastwrites without even a restart needed (but it might be that your sytem will do a "forced restart" (crash ) if you set those values....)
              But we named the *dog* Indiana...
              My System
              2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
              German ATI-forum

Comment

enabled it with rivatuner. tried 144 but it will bluescreen eventually, even with more vcore. and fw is not supported.

Comment

FW is supported in Win98 tho... dunno what's up with XP

Comment

ut2003 crashes with sba after a few secs, went down to fsb 138, still crashes. bye bye sba

Comment

SBA works with Parhelia at least

Comment

Yes it does

Dr. Mordrid
                        Dr. Mordrid
                        ----------------------------
                        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

but parhelia doesnt work with my budget

Comment

...we feel for ya...
                            Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Those are really nice results with a Zalman 5000 cooler. I guess you value the lack of noise, but also want to overclock. If you can afford it, try getting a Thermalright AX-7 or SLK-800 and sticking a low noise 80mm fan on it, think you could eek a few more MHz that way.

If you are looking for new RAM, try Samsung. Lucky pick could get you 180MHz+ at decent latencies.

Comment

Working...
                              X