VirtualDub not play out on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VirtualDub not play out on TV

I need to playback to video (tape) five mjpeg avi, they are large (each is about 1.5 Gigs), without breaks.
    Playback is jerky with AVI_IO (dont know why.., capture is great!) and the only tool that works well is VirtualDub: it plays smoothly, no breaks, no jerky, but....cannot print video out on TV.
    I tried also using Clone, DVDMAx, etc., no success.

Is there someone who knows how to enable VirtualDub to play video out on TV? Please, any suggestion is welcome.
    Thanks in advance
    -----------

PC config:
    MSI KT333
    Duron 1.3 GHz
    512 MB RAM PC2100
    Marvel G400 TV
    2 HD Maxtor 60 GB 7200 rpm
    Videotools 1.52
    Daniele

Why don't you play the avi's with the matrox pc-vcr program? Also, what is their resolution? If it's over 704x576 you can't output them via the breakout box. I know this because I captured some footage and rendered it to dvd resolution (720x576) and it wouldn't output, I thought the card was broke but it's a limitation of the hardware (although using the dvd player the card will 0utput 720x576 but only from a dvd disk)

Comment

Use Media Studio Pro, place the clips in the timeline and playback with Quick Play and Instant play UN-ticked
      You will need MSP properly installed for use with Matrox G400/200 cards. This invloves a tweak with a dll file.

You should be able to find links to details in this forum, also specks are listed at Ulead website.

I have tried the Matrox PC-VCr and it is till jerky between files on my G200
      Last edited by Peter B; 30 September 2002, 03:28.

Comment

If you have mediastudio tryt playing it back with capture studio, it plays back much smoother then from within mediastudio mspro 6.5

Comment

All clips are 352x576 mjpeg at the highest quality (compression ratio about 4:1, if remember well) with audio 44Khz 16 bit stereo.
          Marvel codec allows only a predefined set of format (704x576 being the next larger).

I have also tried to play clips with MS 6.0 but the output is still jerky too from that.
          Keithm, I don't know what is video capture (a tool?).

I suppose the problem is with the Marvel Zoran codec, (this is why VirtualDub plays well), so I will try to change the header to MJPG with avifrate and play the clips using some software mjpeg codec, like PICVIDEO.
          Daniele

Comment

Video capture is the capture program of Mspro, it will also open video files and play them. Are you trying to join these together? If you have a marvel G400 you must have the pc-vcr installed (how did you capture the footage) pc-vcr is the best way of playing back mjpeg files. The other problem you have is the via chipset on the motherboard: I could not get smooth playback of video from Mspro with an athlon 1600xp and a via based board, this is a known problem and known as the latency bug. I changed to a sis based asus board and it plays video perfectly.

Comment

keithm,
              I use AVI_IO for capturing. It works well 'cause it is able to create segments of avi's without breaks among them.
              Pc_vcr is not good as it breaks when passing from one clip to the next one: if it is the same movie, I would have an undesirable break in the midlle of the "story".
              Anyway, I have found the solution, using Avisynth. I frame served the video to Windows Media Player, by using this simple script:

AVISource("d:\file1.avi")+AVISource("d:\file2.avi" )+AVISource("d:\file3.avi")+AVISource("d:\file4.av i")

file1,2,3,4 are my clips, d:\ is the disk wher they are stored.
              The script is a text file with .avs extension, say "myscript.avs"
              I open Windows Media Player, and select the file "myscript.avs"
              The clips are played smoothly, and I have the video out on TV.
              Voila'....
              Daniele

Comment

You will need MSP properly installed for use with Matrox G400/200 cards. This invloves a tweak with a dll file.
                Peter B
                could you explain it, more in detail?

Regards
                Fred H
                It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
                ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Sorry, it is actually the ulead32.ini file, you need to add some extra lines to enable it to playback Matrox Mjpeg files properly.

There have been quite a few threads discussing it over the years, there are a number of different lines that can be added and changed. The minimum are the ones listed at the Ulead web site under the asterix to G200/G400 under compatability. But many add others. I only us my Marvel for capture using AVI-IO and Huff YUV on Win98 now, and edit on another machine using a removable HD. So I can't remember the exact details and I don't have an editied ini file any more.

Comment

Okay, the ulead32.ini is that. I thought I missed something.
                    I am using W2K Pro/SP2 and PD 5.39 for W2K with the 2.04 leaked VT drivers.
                    But I never capture HW MJPEG. Instead AVI-IO and PICvideo or Huffyuv.
                    They work very stable, until I try to capture or play a HW MJPEG.
                    And, Win XP is nothing good for Marvel G400.

Fred H
                    It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
                    ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                    X