Dammit!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dammit!!

Two months to go on a three year lease and my limit is 60,000 km Now every km I drive will cost me $.08, and I average about 2000km/month these days. Grrr.
    Attached Files
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

By the way, whoever guesses the make and/or model of my car wins
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

leasessssssssssssarebaddddddddddddddd
      www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Originally posted by agallag
        Just taking a guess, but the odometer looks like a Nissan. Maxima?

Dave
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Drive backwards from now on!

Comment

Toyota Corolla?
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

-Just taking a guess, but the odometer looks like a Nissan. Maxima?

-Toyota Corolla?
              Nope, and nope. It is Japanese though...

Comment

Nope, and nope. It is Japanese though...
                Honda Accord!

Comment

Bzzz. Wrong again

Comment

Reliant Robin?

Comment

Bzzz. Wrong again
                      Jeez man give me a clue, we need to narrow this down a tad!

Is it Honda, Acura, Toyota, Lexus, Daihatsu, Suzuki, Daewoo, Nissan, Subaru, Mazda, Mitsubishi?

Although I think Lexus and Acura are the american devision of Honda and Toyota.

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
                        Reliant Robin?
                        BWAHAHAHA!!!

nah, we all know it's a Fiat Multipla

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
                          Reliant Robin?
                          How do you do a hand brake turn in a Robin?

You roll down the window and grab a passing lamp post!!!!!

Comment

TCO of a car is typically 3×times it's initial price. Lease scheme and loans increase this due to interest rates costs. Do this calculation:

price of a car (Initial payment + number of monthly payments×montly payment)
                            + costs of insurance and registration per year×years of planned owning period
                            + costs of regular repairs during that period
                            + costs of washing, maintenance, parking
                            + cost of a few fines per year if you drive out of spec
                            + km(miles)/year / 100 × fuel consumption (in litres/galons) per 100km/miles × price per litre(galon) × years of owning period
                            + projectef km over 60.000×.08$
                            + decrease of value between new car and value of your car after planned owned period
                            -------------------------------
                            = TCO

Now do this:
                            TCO / Years you own the car / 365.25 (for leap years) = cost of running your car per day (You may wan't to divid with 252 = average number of working weekdays.)

Now divide that with your hourly wage and see how many hours a day you work your ass off just to keep that thing running.

A guy with Audi A3 calculated that the car costs him 16$/day without gas.

Compare this cost to Taxi/Bus fares, rent a Car/Train/Plane for hollidays or even cycling/walking to work.

Also consider buying 1-2 years old car and ditching it when it's 4-6 years old. Or buying Bentley/RollsRoyce/Porsche and keeping it for 25 years.
                            Last edited by UtwigMU; 30 September 2002, 11:07.

Comment

Wins what? The car?

My guess is that it's the batmobile.
                              Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Working...
                              X