X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 agp voltage?

What voltage do g400max use 3.3 or 1.5?

I found it my self.
    It seems my new mobo doesnt support my good old Max.
    Have to order a new card on monday...

Comment

That's not true. It works at 1.5V just fine. If you have one of the earliest versions of the G400 PCB, then you might have to put a jumper wire on there.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Find R68 on the PCB and short the pads together to make this mod

also see this thread for further details...

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks Wombat and Greebe! I dont have a soldering iron (I think its the name for it in english?!) at home. I think I might change the graphiccard anyway. Builded a new rig as birthday present to my self, changed every thing except the Max ( mostly because I simply have feelings for the card...)
          I´ve had the Max for three years now and I think it´s time to let go...

Comment

You'll miss the 2D....I guarantee it!!!
            Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

You only have to solder if your new mainboard has some kind of "AGP voltage protection circuit" on it (like my Asus P4B266-E).

What type is your new mainboard?
              main system: P4 Northwood 2.0 @ 2.5GHz, Asus P4PE (LAN + Audio onboard), 512MB Infineon PC333 CL2.5, Sapphire/BBA Radeon 9500@9700 128MB (hardmodded), IBM 100GB ATA-100, 17" Belinea (crappy), and some other toys...ADSL (1,5mbit/s down, 256kbit/s up...sweeeeeet!)

Comment

Originally posted by K6-III
                You'll miss the 2D....I guarantee it!!!
                he could be getting a P!

Comment

MetalCartman: my new mobo is asus p4s8x, it doesnt start with 3.3 agpcard. I dont want to solder it because my girlfriends brother wants it...
                  ayoub_ibrahim: Maybe i will get a P...
                  ... it depends how good price i can get at the localstore

Comment

soldering the connection doesn't impair it from running on a normal system. I did mine and it works fine
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X