It has Begun.....Mouse....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It has Begun.....Mouse....

Ok, have begun buying parts for new computer. Will be getting mouse soon. This was what I was thinking of getting: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?pa...9&languageid=1

Thoughts?
    System Specs:
    Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
    May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
    Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
    And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
    just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
    For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

On that subject, I'll definitely be getting the Logitech MX500 as soon as its available....
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by K6-III
      On that subject, I'll definitely be getting the Logitech MX500 as soon as its available....
      I could have sworn we got those in a couple weeks ago at Best Buy.

Comment

You sure???

In that case....I must get one...

...seeing as everyone else seems to be backordered or out of stock...

Comment

I use the blue mouseman ifeel
          Just love the feedbacks in UT !

Comment

I use the Mouseman Plus (old blue ergonomic one) and have been using it for the last 2 years due to its incredible comfort. Although the sensor is only 400DPI, I can't live without its comfort. The MX500 looks to be very comfortable and have the performance I year for.....and 8 programmable buttons!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Reverend Maynard

I could have sworn we got those in a couple weeks ago at Best Buy.
              ...not yet on the website...

Comment

Well they seem to be selling pretty well. There is a shortage of both MX500's and 700's. I'm wondering if I should go for the cordless one...
                System Specs:
                Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Comment

The problem with the Logitech wireless mice, at least the older ones, is that the clock rate between mouse and reciever SUCK ARSETECHA!!! The average rate is about 50-60 Hz, which stinks for gaming. The new M$ wireless have a 124 Hz refresh rate, but I have yet to see whether the MX700 has a boosted mouse rate.

SO if you're doing gaming...I'd be weary of Logitech wireless until proven otherwise. The corded mice on the otherhand are wonderful. I especially like the dual optical.

Jammrcok
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Well, I do game a lot. Sheesh, I might as well just go for the corded one. It's not like I sit 10 feet away from my computer or anything. Has anybody heard about the upcoming AIW 9700. It's due out soon.
                    System Specs:

Comment

MX 700

It seems to do 140hz, that's more than USB cand handle (125hz).

Check this links: review and /. comments

It seems that not all the buttons work as expected, and there are some issues with logitech drivers (mouseware), but the latter could be solved in future revs. Also, the stock batteries are pretty poor.

btw: are there only wireless kb+mouse packages, or could you buy just a wireless kb, and the mouse(i.e. mx700) separately ?
                      Last edited by Gear; 30 September 2002, 15:37.
                      Loose bits sink chips.

Comment

c't said the mouse is faster than any other wireless mouse they tried, and very precise, too.

Poor batteries shouldn't be an issue with the integrated charger, should they?

AZ
                        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

But if they're useless after a month or two, or last for only a little while before you have to recharge them (with the mouse on the craddle), then you'll have to pay for new set, so the overall cost is higher.
                          Loose bits sink chips.

Comment

You're right, but overall it's cheaper (or at least less environmentally unfriendly) to use rechargeables. The Siemens wireless ISDN phone my parents bought for ~800 EUR a few years ago had cheap batteries in it, too.

AZ
                            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I can get some NiMH AAA and AA for cheap here
                              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X