Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pioneer104 and making coasters problem??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pioneer104 and making coasters problem??

I have just purchased a Pioneer 104 dvd/rw and up to now I`ve created three coasters. I have got the latest firmware for the drive and I have disabled DMA ( which made no difference for dvd writing), I`m using Nero 5.5.8.0 and all that i am doing is creating a data cd. The discs are `Datasafe Classic `white label and I`m running win98se. The burning starts ok then at about 2min 45sec Nero throws up a communication error and aborts. I have managed to create an audio cd with this drive ( the first audio cd failed untill I disabled DMA)
    I`ve got 60gb primary master 80gb primary slave Liteon cd/rw secondary master and the pioneer secondary slave. The liteon works perfectly at 32X so I cant see it being a bottleneck between primary and secondary, or could it?
    I`m running an athlon 1400 and have 256mb ram .I`ve also shut down all background progs when attempting the dvd write.
    Any ideas????

TIA Disastermaster.

Motherboard? Sounds kind of like Via chipset issues, but certainly could be other things.

Full system specs please.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

What happens if you try burning at a slower speed?
      When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Win98SE. Try NT based OS.

Comment

Watch out with these drives. Pioneer have reported that some/all drives lasers will fail when used on certain media. I *think* it was Slashdot, but be careful when using media - I'm guessing it was the 'other' DVD R format (-R or +R). I'll post again if I can be more accurate

P.
          Meet Jasmine.
          flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

There is an updated firmware to correct for that issue.

Make sure that DMA is enabled...
            Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

2 suggestions,
              1)update to nero 5.5.9.9( it's a free upgrade from nero)
              2)install adaptec ver4.6 aspi layer & not the latest 4.71 which some folk are having trouble with, even though nero has its own!

Comment

disastermaster: Update your firmware if you're going to be using the above media (thanks K6-III)

P.
                Meet Jasmine.
                flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Working...
                X