Photoshop stills, Black or white alpha channels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop stills, Black or white alpha channels

I am working with stills in Photoshop 6.0 converting the files to a format that is compatible with my Matrox LX Max Video Realtime Card which is driving Adobe Premiere 6.0. In order to get realtime effects the card requires Targa files, 32 bit, each with an alpha channel added. I did all that and the stills came up fine for dissolves and tranparency on Video 2 and above tracks, but I could nt get the stills to key with each other like i could with avi video files. All I get is the effect of one still over a black background instaed of over the other still like it should. I had someone with photoshop 7.0 look at my Targa files to see if he could find any problems with them. When he saved the file the only difference between my 6.0 version and his 7.0 version was that his alpha channel showed up as a white box instead as a black box. He also found that the white alpha channels worked and keyed properly on his system, but my black alpha channels gave him the same problem even on his system. My question is: Whats this " white" channel showing up in Photoshop 7.0 and how do I get 6.0 to do it for me?
Working...
X