• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZoneAlarm 3.1.395 Released

Changes from previous releases:

Improved performance & loading time
    Improved interoperability with proxy server applications
    Improved user interface with new maximize/minimize button

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Ah they haven't fixed suddenly lets disconnect your home network for ever more.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

since installing that update I keep finding the dialup box appearing on my desktop at startup without me wanting to go online.
      check for trojans & spyware revealed nothing so I'm blaming it on this new version of ZA!

Comment

Zone Alarm - the same features as other products, with twice the bugs and thrice the irritation!

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Anyone got any suggestions for anything better at the same price?

I currently use a w2K Professional box for my lan router to the web... My Norton subscruiption is up in the middle of next month....

Thanks
          RedRed
          Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

I use Black Ice Defender (now known as ISS BlackIce PC Protection).

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
              I use Black Ice Defender (now known as ISS BlackIce PC Protection).

- Gurm
              According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Guru you may really like it, but it's not practicle for those of us running multiple systems on a lan. It's quite limited to only a single PC use.
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                  Guru you may really like it, but it's not practicle for those of us running multiple systems on a lan. It's quite limited to only a single PC use.
                  I know! But Black Ice Defender used to crash my system!

Comment

BID works fine here for me... heck even that system is an old POS Cyrix PR166 that's ages old running Win98... it handles all my NAT/Firewall functions and the wife uses it for email/surfing etc... gets rebooted maybe once every 1-2 months... dunno why it was messing up on you.
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

BID goes through growth spurts. For example, every time MS patches their OS, BID needs to be patched.

But lots of proggies are like that.

- Gurm

Comment

Originally posted by RedRed
                        Anyone got any suggestions for anything better at the same price?

I currently use a w2K Professional box for my lan router to the web... My Norton subscruiption is up in the middle of next month....

Thanks
                        RedRed
                        Just uninstall it and re-install it. That reminds me I need to do that soon.
                        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I dont see what the problem is with ZA on a network. AS long as you have it on each computer you are fine

I run it at home, with 4 computers, and we have it in one of the offices that have 8 comuters. You just set up a IP range to allow connections from, and set your DHCP server to assign in that range.

I think if you had more than about 20 computers this would be a pain, but then you should be looking at a dedicated firewall anyway.

Ali

Comment

Keiro Personal Firewall work better than ZA IMO and it is free for personal use.
                            I use Leaktest to verify the firewall.

Comment

Still looking for a reverse firewall.
                              ex. something that lets anything in but doesn't let things OUT.

Original ZoneAlarm was like this but they quickly added a firewall and bloated it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X