Amusing popup I got today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amusing popup I got today

Twas checking out the Cooper Mini (saw one for the first time yesterday) on the web when I walked away for a couple hours... came back and this was displayed...
    Attached Files
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

....hehe....
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Wouldn't a Mini Cooper be the perfect car for a certain British MURCer?

Oh, that's right.. he already got a new car..

Comment

I'd like one myself... you know how I like to tinker with things
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Didnt know beancounters had a sense of humor - wonder how long it took him to come up with that one!
          Lawrence

Comment

That's great Greebe I guess everyone likes mini coopers. I actually considered one for commuting.

Dave
            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

nice popup

but I will pass on anything that is mini. Including a mini-me
              Flangor Strongaxe

Get Firefox

Comment

Good one.
                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The naming is a little misleading because all the Minis are "Coopers" today... But of course there's the Cooper S that is a little more "awake".
                  I test drove (a 300 km test drive ) a non-S version with my dad, he has owned the original Mini so he could do some comparing... The interior was nostalgic and all that, quality seemed (surprise, surprise) almost like BMW and the accurate steering and tight suspension had a sporty feeling about them, but the engine doesn't do much until the tachometer hits quite high numbers.

Comment

You should try the old, 1977 -> 198? Cooper S, if you can find a good one.... the build quality is a bit poor, but the bad ones would have died through natural selection....

this car will give you more original fun than almost anything on the road. If you like tinkering, its a beauty.... though the engine bay is a bit cramped......

Regards
                    RedRed
                    Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Personally I'm developing a fancy for one of these.
                      And if you want to see a cramped engine bay, you need to take a look under the hood of my BX!
                      Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

I ain't mini! I might be a Cooper, but I ain't mini

Comment

I just went to look at a Mini last weekend, and I have to complain about the seating. If you want to put a backseat in the car, it needs to have legroom. After I adjusted the drivers seat, I checked behind it and found .... ta da, 1 inch for rear legroom.

Why even have a backseat? Any this goes for almost any small, sporty car that likes to pretend they are a 4-seater and not just a 2-seater.

Now I am going to have to find another trendy car to talk about and not buy.
                          Buckaroo, the President's on line 1, calling about is everything okay with the alien space bomb and Planet Ten, or should we just go ahead and destroy Russia?

Tell him yes on one and no on two.

Which was yes? The destroy Russia, or the, uh, number two?

Comment

When I got one of my Maxim magazines in the mail, in the ad for the mini cooper I got a "mini cooper barf bag"!!!
                            Titanium is the new bling!
                            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Can't afford one right now but if they're still being made in 5 years the 'S' is my retirement present.

Sold my '65 Cooper in 1969.
                              Last edited by Laurie; 27 September 2002, 11:22.
                              Laurie
                              ======

Comment

Working...
                              X