Release Date for UT2003?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Release Date for UT2003?

I was told several places it would be today (Sept 25). Now I'm hearing October 2nd.

Anyone know why it was delayed?

Maybe cause the dev's are too busy playing the game for themselves!

But my guess is to work out the kinks.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I would imagine it's more do to production and distribution... can't make all disks, packaging and get to all resellers in a day
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

My local game store is claiming October 4th. I can wait
        "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

µße®LørÐ - A legend in his underwear
        Member of For F*ck Sake UT clan
        DriverHeaven administrator
        PowerVR Network administrator

Comment

I've pre-ordered mine for the 27th sept (though I doubt it will be on release by then) saving 30% in the process.

Regards MD
          Interests include:
          Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

NOLF2 (No One Lives Forever2) has also gone gold and the demo looks really nice.
            Should be in the stores on 1th October - but maybe it will also take some days more to deliver it.
            cu/2 magog - Germany - flying with OS/2 Warp speed...in a vehicle named eComStation (eCS)
            ---
            Author of the Java Movie Database - http://www.jmdb.de
            JMDB v1.35 FINAL is available (2007-09-20)
            Homepage: http://www.juergen-ulbts.de/

Comment

from what i read they only sent the GOLD CDs for production on the 20th... even though it was said it should be out in stores before the end of the month..i believe it would take about 2 weeks so somewhere around october 2-6.. btw the 3 cd is the linux installation.. even though the box may not mention it.. at last they are starting to release linux games along with windows
              Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
              ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Originally posted by Belwarrior
                btw the 3 cd is the linux installation.. even though the box may not mention it.. at last they are starting to release linux games along with windows
                Now all we need is a linux 3D driver for the Parhelia
                "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

µße®LørÐ - A legend in his underwear
                Member of For F*ck Sake UT clan
                DriverHeaven administrator
                PowerVR Network administrator

Comment

the eagle has landed.
                  no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

According to Amazon.com: 10/1
                    CompUSA: 10/1
                    EB Games: "Now Shipping"
                    Best Buy: 10/3
                    Wal-Mart.com: 10/2

Now, I've read in some forums that some people already have the game, so if anyone knows where to get it...NOW (Sunday 9/29), please post.
                    Last edited by Beezer; 29 September 2002, 08:08.
                    My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

I got UT2003 at last Sunday morning from web-buddy and... I ve played it with my Parhelia.

Its enable to play well under No-FA, AF Parhelia in 1024x768 32bit full option and Its a little delay under FAA-16X in same resolutions ..

I am using below system .. and Windows XP Pro English ..

Retail has more optional in compared with last 100MB Demo version .. Higher and Highest opsion added in video setting.
                      Last edited by ohloveme; 29 September 2002, 08:22.
                      Intel Pentium IV 2.4B@3.0GHz
                      ALPHA 8942 Cooler
                      Gigabyte 8PE667Pro (845PE)
                      Kingmax PC-2700 512MB DDR + Thermaltake Heatsink
                      IMB Deskstar 120GXP 80GB 7200 rpm
                      Seagate Baracuda IV 40GB 7200 rpm
                      Matrox Parhelia 128MB Retail 235/615
                      Philips 107P NF
                      Netgear FA301TX + Intel Pro 100/VE bridged connection
                      Liteon 40X/12X/48X CDRW
                      Seasonic 300W Silence
                      Windows XP Professional Eng.

Comment

Beezer -

I called the EB games store in Sun Valley Mall in Concord and they have the game NOW. You might go to their website, http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/default.asp# , and find a store near you and give them a call. There is one in the Oakridge Mall, PH# 408-629-2965

Comment

Originally posted by Beezer
                          According to Amazon.com: 10/1
                          CompUSA: 10/1
                          EB Games: "Now Shipping"
                          Best Buy: 10/3
                          Wal-Mart.com: 10/2

Now, I've read in some forums that some people already have the game, so if anyone knows where to get it...NOW (Sunday 9/29), please post.
                          thats against forum rules.

game is way too short. i could have beat it yesterday.
                          "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

went through it today, boriiiiiiing...

Maybe online/LAN play will be fun, but i doubt it actually.

Comment

yeah, i'm rather unimpressed with it... lan play might be fun, but i'm so far unimpressed...

the effects are pretty cool though, can't argue with that...
                              "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Working...
                              X