France unveils an air-powered car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• France unveils an air-powered car!

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
    FT.

Hey, what you need for this is simply eat a LOT of beanies
    Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

The air is compressed at pressure about 150 times the rate you would put into car tyres or your bicycle.
      Boy, if your air tank explodes it would make one big bang. Remember, this is a car and it's made in France.

Draw your own conclusions, but stay away from me in that thing!

Comment

That car wouldn't last one year in Canada. Temperatures can range up to 80 degrees and that puts a lot of stress on metals.
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Nice idea, running a car from compressed air.
          Although it would take a long time to fill a tank at 4000psi if you ran out of air at the roadside and had to use a footpump to fill it.
          Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

LOL!
            How can you possibly take anything seriously?
            Who cares?

Comment

I'd like to see you jumpstarting this car

Comment

Originally posted by Dogbert
                I'd like to see you jumpstarting this car
                "3...2...1...Blow!!!"
                FT.

Comment

Not to mention, the exhaust of this thing would probaly lift toupee's at 100 paces everytime you pressed the accelerator
                  Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Which can only be a good thing!
                    FT.

Comment

wazzit's name... Le Fart?
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I would actually get one of these should they become available at a reasonable price....I wonder how they'd handle Minnesota winters...
                        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

I think 14000USD is a reasonable price for a car that costs bugger-all to run!

That's about £10000 - I'd consider it for our second car.
                          FT.

Comment

I may get one of these used in a couple years when I move to warmer climates and the prices get within my reach (student)...
                            Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

I think I will stick with my self-propelled bicycle... with baked beans at only 9p/can then it's pretty cheap to run too.
                              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
                              X