Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inq: FSB333 Athlons to hit market next week

The Story.

NForce 2 has got support for FSB333 added.

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

So does the very inexpensive MSI 745 Ultra... I don't need any nV crap here
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I just thought I'd fill you in on the news, in case you didn't hear it before

And athlons faster FSB speeds is always good, especially as clawhammer is delayed.

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
        So does the very inexpensive MSI 745 Ultra... I don't need any nV crap here
        Yeah, but the MSI 745 doesn't have the critical features such as USB 2.0 support and AGP 8x!!!
        RC Agent
        AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz, MSI 785GT-E63, 6 GB(2x1GB, 2x2GG) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Asus EAH4850 TOP
        AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz, ASRock A790GXH/128M BIOS 1.7, 4 GB(2x2GB) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Gigabyte HD 6850 1GB DDR5
        AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.7GHz, Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 BIOS 2501 , 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 1866 CL9 Crucial BallisticX(BLT4G3D1869DT1TX0) , Sapphire HD7870 2GB GDDR5 OC, Seasonic 850w powers supply

Comment

:-P

AGP8X and USB2 aren't at all "critical" and won't even close to it 'til sometime next year.

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

yeah
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

I think he meant it in a sarcastic way.

Good move upping FSB speed thought, that will help AMD compete with Intel untill Bartons/Hammers come. BTW, supposedly they had so much problems with SOI technology they decided not to implement it in Bartons, which means it will basically be a TBred with additional 256KB chace and faster FSB

Comment

Can't blame them. SOI is a hairy little beast.

Barton's 130nm right?
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

USB 2 is important if you like portable CDRWs I think. Anyway the ECS L7S7A should be around soon enuf, if ocworkbench is to be believed
                  [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                  Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                  Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                  Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                  Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Yep, Barton is 130nm, as is the current Thoroughbred.

I wonder if they'll update the 762 northbridge (from the 760MP(X) chipset) to be 333MHz-capable. On the one hand, there probably isn't much point, it would be just too much work too late in the Athlon's lifecycle. On the other hand, there's apparently a new stepping of the 762 still planned, so maybe if I keep my fingers crossed really really hard... (damn, I've probably jinxed it now)
                    Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

ribbit stop Jinxing us

Denty add on PCI USB 2.0 cards are rather cheap

Myself is looking forward to MSI's next MB equiped with a 746/963 chipset

Comment

Yeah Greebe I have one of them in my machine but it's a waste of a PCI slot in my book
                        [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                        Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                        Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                        Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                        Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Wouldn't the 745 Ultra need a bios update for the funky multiplier value on the new Athlons ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ribbit
                            Yep, Barton is 130nm, as is the current Thoroughbred.

I wonder if they'll update the 762 northbridge (from the 760MP(X) chipset) to be 333MHz-capable. On the one hand, there probably isn't much point, it would be just too much work too late in the Athlon's lifecycle. On the other hand, there's apparently a new stepping of the 762 still planned, so maybe if I keep my fingers crossed really really hard... (damn, I've probably jinxed it now)
                            I've received confirmation from an AMD rep at Cybersmart that Barton MP shall be moving to a 333mhz FSB as well. That means a new chipset must come with it...
                            Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Yeah, but it has a 1/5 pci divider, so we don't much care what they say....
                              Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X