Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why and how do villains change into folk heroes ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why and how do villains change into folk heroes ?

Many examples exist, from Robin Hood to mass murderers. After a while they become some kind of folk heroes.
    Best example is "NATURAL BORN KILLERS".

How ? Why ?

Who? What?

Comment

Where? When? Which?
      Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

You mean from Dogbert to Village Idiot
        Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
        Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
        Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Or like "Arafat, on the FBI's 10 most wanted for killing American citizens" to "Arafat, world leader".

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

The opposite:-

Naming no names

A friend when Iran was the enemy, now a villan as Iraq is the enemy.
            Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

Comment

Somehow in time their life stories get twisted from "He was a guy who robbed and killed passers-by" to "He took from the rich and gave to the poor"....we tend to see dead villains in a very different light when their wrongdoings have been forgotten (Lizzie Borden or Che Guevara are good examples for this)
              All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Originally posted by lecter
                Somehow in time their life stories get twisted from "He was a guy who robbed and killed passers-by" to "He took from the rich and gave to the poor"....we tend to see dead villains in a very different light when their wrongdoings have been forgotten (Lizzie Borden or Che Guevara are good examples for this)
                Exactly what I ment.
                I'm not talking politics here, politics have a nature of their own.
                In politics my enemy's enemy could be my friend, bla bla bla.

Boony and Klide were nobody's friends yet they have fans. How ? Why ???

Comment

Because a lot of people see only the romantic and exciting side of their story, they "stood up to the system" and all that shit...
                  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

...movies and books do the transformation, cause that sells movies and books, plus romanticizing the villain sells too. Darth Vader doll anyone?

Also the do-good villain has the attitude "You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs."

And often the only difference between a villain and a hero is which side of the law he's standing on.
                    How can you possibly take anything seriously?
                    Who cares?

Comment

And often the only difference between a villain and a hero is which side of the law he's standing on.
                      I'd say sometimes the only difference is who gets to write the history books.
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                        I'd say sometimes the only difference is who gets to write the history books.
                        I agree with Womabt on this one.
                        Titanium is the new bling!
                        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

...well, the modern history book must be television, cause all those bigshots and reporters talk endless nonsense about historical this and historical that, when it's nothing but hysterical...
                          How can you possibly take anything seriously?
                          Who cares?

Comment

hysterical... that IS the right word....... its like our dead warlords here in lebanon ... somehow they are viewed as saints?!? i meen come on ... they killed people for a living..... how can they be saints...... the best part is that they would go to war again in the name of the same dead basterds who tore the country apart in the first place..... it sucks...
                            "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

It depends alot on who you talk to as well. Take me for example. If a man goes on a killing spree and it brings him happiness, I think it is good that he is happy. He took things into his own hands and made himself happy, that's something in my book. I couldn't care less that he killed some people to get that happiness.

Comment

Working...
                              X