Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those eVil, rat bastards...Audigy 2 official!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those eVil, rat bastards...Audigy 2 official!!!

Damn bastards, what market do they think they are in? The video card market? All these new toys and no $$$$ to pay for it! ink to the official product page:

The Sound Blaster product range has an audio upgrade solution – internal and external—for every setup. Don’t stop at stunning visuals. Redefine your audio experience with Sound Blaster.

EDIT: Good googley moogley...check out the system requirements -

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

* Processor: Genuine Intel® Pentium® II, Celeron 350MHZ, AMD-K6® 450MHz or faster
    * Motherboard: Intel®, AMD® or 100% compatible
    * System RAM: 64MB for Windows® 98SE and Me, 128MB for Windows 2000 SP2 and XP
    * Hard Disk: 600MB free space
    * Operating System: Windows 98SE, Me, 2000 SP2, or XP
    * Available PCI 2.1 compliant slot
    * Available adjacent slot for Joystick/MIDI bracket (optional)
    * Headphones or amplified speakers (available separately)
    * CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive required for software installation
    * Additional System Requirements for DVD Movies, DVD-Audio, DV Editing, Games and Internet Radio
    * Available 5 1/4" PC Drive Bay for Sound Blaster® Audigy™ 2 Internal drive (Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum only)

GENERAL APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS

* Processor: Genuine Intel® Pentium® III 500 MHz or AMD 700 MHz or faster
    * System RAM: 128MB for Windows 98SE and Me, 256MB for Windows 2000 SP2 and XP
    * Hard Disk: 1.3GB free space (Disk Type: ATA-100, 7,200rpm)

GAMING SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

* Graphics Card: DirectX® 8.1 and OpenGL® compliant 3D accelerator with at least 16MB of texture RAM

DVD MOVIES AND DVD-AUDIO REQUIREMENTS

* Soft-DVD player: Intervideo's WinDVD® 2000 or CyberLink's PowerDVD® 3.0 and above recommended
    * DVD Drive: 2nd generation 5X DVD-ROM drive or later for DVD Movie and Audio playback

DVD-AUDIO ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT

* Operating System: Windows 2000 SP2 or XP

INTERNET RADIO REQUIREMENT

* Internet: 56kbps modem or faster and an active Internet connection

Jammrock
    Last edited by Jammrock; 23 September 2002, 11:50.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

All I need now, is for it to come out. This old Live! 1024 isn't doing me any favours at the mo. Oh, and the Parhelia of corse. (Don't want an Audigy with a PCI graphics card )

J1NG

Comment

Hard Disk: 600MB free space
      Why the **** do they need 600MB? Is the driver package gonna be 500+MB???
      main system: P4 Northwood 2.0 @ 2.5GHz, Asus P4PE (LAN + Audio onboard), 512MB Infineon PC333 CL2.5, Sapphire/BBA Radeon 9500@9700 128MB (hardmodded), IBM 100GB ATA-100, 17" Belinea (crappy), and some other toys...ADSL (1,5mbit/s down, 256kbit/s up...sweeeeeet!)

Comment

Ofcourse

Half of the hardware is simulated in software in realtime
        And because of the nonexistant knowledge of "optimizing" what should have taken 50mb takes nearly 590 mb....
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Hopefully that means 300MB temp and 300MB to install into. Less the applications and can we get down to 20MB? (still crazy for a driver). What size are the latest Live/Audigy drivers?

P.
          Meet Jasmine.
          flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

12MB for the latest 2k/XP revision...Audigy2 sux, it's just a release like "SBLive 5.1", it doesn't bring anything new to the market....
            All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Originally posted by lecter
              Audigy2 sux, it's just a release like "SBLive 5.1", it doesn't bring anything new to the market....
              supposedly it acctually can record and playback audio at 24bit/96khz whereas the original audigy can't.

nor can the original audigy do 6.1 audio. or is thx certified.

oh well.
              "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

I'd rather spend my money on an Echo GINA24 card for 24/96....

oops....already did

Full duplex: records two inputs while playing eight simultaneously.

Also can record from analog & digital inputs simultaneously.

Echo test hardware is used worldwide to verify audio quality for millions of devices every year. Over 25,000 audio testing units installed.

Doc
                Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 23 September 2002, 22:07.
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

rofl....

yup... creative is certainly not a company i would ever buy for anything that required quality...
                  "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

yeah but can you play games on it
                    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Bah Audigy 2 is just a scam, almost as bad as original Audigy. I am perfectly happy with my old Live! Player, only card I really wish I had is Philips Acoustic Edge, too bad they dont sell them where I live

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                        I'd rather spend my money on an Echo GINA24 card for 24/96....

oops....already did

Full duplex: records two inputs while playing eight simultaneously.

Also can record from analog & digital inputs simultaneously.

Echo test hardware is used worldwide to verify audio quality for millions of devices every year. Over 25,000 audio testing units installed.

Doc
                        do you know if that card will be able to playback DVD-Audio discs that are slowly coming along?

the Audigy2 is aparently able to do that, and well, that should require 24Bit/192Khz....

but if other cards can do it... it would be nice with some choices
                        <font size=1>Primary System: ASUS P4B533-E, Intel Pentium4 1.6A GHz, 512MB Samsung PC2700, Leadtek GF4 Ti4200 64MB, SB Audigy, 2xSeagate Barracuda IV 80GB, Pioneer DVD 106S, NEC CD-R 40/10/40, InWin Q500 Case w/ Enermax 353W PSU, Windows XP Pro, Samsung SyncMaster 753DFX.

Secondary System: ECS K7S5A, Athlon XP 1600+, 256MB PC133, Asus GF2 GTS 32MB, Seagate Barracuda IV 20GB, Aopen HQ08 Case, Windows XP Pro.</font>

Comment

Luni,

I do not think they produce the Accoustic anymore, only Rythmic and Seismic......

Umf
                          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Hehe,

Creative is really gunning for the audiophile with Audigy 2, the hi-fi buffs who know their woofers from their tweeters and understand what the company means when it boasts of an "unprecedented SNR of 106 dB". Also, the cards are a helluva lot cheaper than a trip to the local Bang and Olufsen dealer. The Sound Blaster Audigy 2 will have an estimated street price of US$129, while the Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum 2 will retail for around $200. They should be hitting the stores in October.
                            But don't take it too serious, it's from http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/54/27251.html

Rakido
                            [edit: just noted this was post #200... am i a doublemurcer now?]
                            "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Umfriend thanks for the headsup, Im not really up to date with sound card market . Doesnt make any difference for me anyway, since we dont have a distributor of Philips sound cards

Comment

Working...
                              X