Radeon and G450 PCI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon and G450 PCI

I have just bought a laptop with a built in Radeon Mobility 7500. The docking station has a PCI slot which IBM tells me can be used for a Video Card.

Has anyone run a Radeon as the primary with a Gxxx PCI for the 2 and 3rd screens ? Does it work ?

TIA
    Andy

don't double post. In general that's a bad idea.

It should work ok, I don't see why not.
    -Slougi

Comment

I thought they were 2 seperate forums ? Sorry I am only used to usenet not this web based stuff :-)

IBM have also said it should work but I wanted to find out for sure before spending about 600GBP (nearly 1000USD)

Thanks
      Andy

Comment

How much video memory is in the laptop? The G450 will provide a nice crisp output, but for just about everything else the Radeon 7500 (even mobility) is superior, unless it has shared memory or only 16mb or something.

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

32MB. The display is fine though not as good on a CRT as my 400Max. It is more the fact that I want a 2 or 3 screen set up than the quality of the laptop display.
          The thinkpad was rated as having the best display quality on the market, I have to say it is very good but I would like to have my extra screen space when it is docked at home.

Andy

Comment

Working...
          X