No announcement yet.

Did the earth move for you last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the earth move for you last night?

Doh, it was an earthquake.

I was looking after baby Freddie at the time and thought, I haven't had any beer tonight so why is the room moving, my good wife said it was the washing machine spinning so I dismissed it.

This mornings headlines an eaerthquake hits Britain. Shock Horror

Breezer
    Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

that was no earthquake
    Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

Yep, earth moved for me all right. 'Course there was this hot chick kneeling between my... err... *sorry* it's a family forum, huh?

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Have you told the wife yet?
        Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

You don't tell your wife about all those dreams do you Rich?
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

no not i.. glad it wasnt a bad one
            www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

first & second last weekend in the month? OH MOST DEFINATELY!!!

RedRed
              Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Nowt down here in Essex

Comment

Yup heard it hear who was rattling my windows.
                  Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

It woke me up, I couldn't work out what it was I thought the new shelves I have put up had collapsed. knowing what a great DIYer I am that would be no suprise

Comment

Nothing special went on in Canada, except for cold weather but that's no surprise.
                      Titanium is the new bling!
                      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Felt it. I was up, I knew it had to be a tremor. 4.8 it was
                        [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                        Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                        Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                        Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                        Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Congrats! <5 is just a fun ride. I hope you enjoyed it!

MadScot
                          Asus P2B-LS, Celeron Tualatin 1.3Ghz (PowerLeap adapter), 256Mb PC100 CAS 2, Matrox Millenium G400 DualHead AGP, RainbowRunner G-series, Creative PC-DVD Dxr2, HP CD-RW 9200i, Quantum V 9Gb SCSI HD, Maxtor 20Gb Ultra-66 HD (52049U4), Soundblaster Audigy, ViewSonic PS790 19", Win2k (SP2)

Comment

Hmmm, I was up all night, yet I didn't feel or notice a thing. Must be I was too far away from it, or I'm too heavy to be moved by a 4.8

J1NG

Comment

We too had a quake last weekend centered on the San Juan Islands about 20 km east of here. I was on my comp when it hit and the monitor swayed from side to side but no damage. It was only a 4.2 magnitude. Don't know whether the UK is expecting a big one like we are here. Sooner or later that BIG ONE will hit that will make us wish we were living somewhere else.
                              Laurie
                              ======

Comment

Working...
                              X