Weird XP problem that no one can solve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird XP problem that no one can solve

Now THIS is a freaky one. I've been loving XP since the day I installed it, and have had little to no problems with it, but I have a weird one now. I can't pinpoint what I did to cause this, but it will not go away. Problem is this: when I hit C-A-D to bring up the Task Manager, it has no title bar, no tabs, nothing. All I see is the list of processes. So I can't switch to the performance tabs, and the only way to kill it is to do an "end process" on the taskmgr process (how ironic is that). Any ideas?

Bart
    Bart

That IS an odd one. Can you at least use Tab to get it to go to where the tabs would be, and use the arrows to switch windows?
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Oops. Forgot to include that I indeed CAN CTRL-TAB between the windows, so they are there, just the tabs are gone.

Bart
      Bart

Comment

hehe, try double clicking on the left or right edge of the Task manager window I think that should do it.
        All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Lecter, you da man!! I feel like a fool now, but I had no idea you could do that. Your one smart cannibal.

Bart
          Bart

Comment

Lol...
            Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

It's an old one, many people fall in this one since the days of NT4.0

If you want something really stupid - I reinstalled Win95 (back in 1996) twice cause I lost my taskbar.

- I accidently resized it to the bottom so it's 2 pixels high and won't open

Comment

Originally posted by Dogbert
                It's an old one, many people fall in this one since the days of NT4.0

If you want something really stupid - I reinstalled Win95 (back in 1996) twice cause I lost my taskbar.

- I accidently resized it to the bottom so it's 2 pixels high and won't open
                is that one of the reasons for your title?

Comment

I reinstalled NT4.0 once because of this. It's a stupid one.

Comment

Working...
                  X