Matrox's Driver Dev. Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox's Driver Dev. Team

I don't know if anyone of you guys have seen this. It was posted at http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewto...r=asc&start=20 by Derek Smart (apparently a well known game developer)

So here is a quote
    IMHO, ATI has the worst driver dev team in the history of hardware manufacturers. And Matrox have the best driver dev teams, bar none.

hehe saw it on Matorx's forum a week ago. Interesting tho... he may love matrox products, because the first thing that comes into my mind about drivers is nvidia. I guess the main reason for him to say this is because of "cheap driver optimization" in 3dmark. Actually I think Matrox could have added more functions to the PowerDesk features tab, just like ATI (no comment) and nVIDIA.

Comment

Indeed, even when using Matrox' newest beta drivers, I can't remember seeing a BSoD. Of course, some versions do have quirks but actually I'm glad we're not in the driver-madness of nvidia with all the "leaked driver"-shit.

Originally posted by Chrono_Wanderer
      Actually I think Matrox could have added more functions to the PowerDesk features tab, just like ATI (no comment) and nVIDIA.
      IMHO the best place for those tweaky-stuff-thingies is in the MTSTU and not in the main driver panel. It also prevents drivers from getting 10+MB, because you don't need to include all that stuff every time.

Comment

Yea i second that actually. Putting them into MTSTU will be nice too. Would be nicer if we get a utility for G/P series cards like the G400 tweak or the GeForce Tweak Utility. An OPTION of integrating them into the tap would be nice too, so user can decide whether to d/l the additional stuff or not.

Comment

My guess is that the driver guys will expose the necessary functionality with .NET to make it even more easy to build custom add-ons.

Anyone tried out the nice dll's in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\PowerDesk8\ dir ;-)

Simply import them in Visual Studio.NET
          Last edited by Peter Aragon; 23 September 2002, 13:00.
          Peter Aragon
          Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

What kind of functionality is that?! I donĀ“t have Visual Studio .NET available to check myself.
            a Rebel at heart

Comment

It exposes functionality available in PowerDesk and more. All we need is documentation for the use of some features. I tried to enumerate through the hotkeys, to be able to make a custom program to invoke them, but I don't see an enumeration or don't have the type library.

Perhaps some help from the Matrox Driver boys?
              Peter Aragon
              Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

Working...
              X