Ooops Looks like the PIT got a new hobbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ooops Looks like the PIT got a new hobbie

Bought a digital camera the other week. Bought a cheapo one because basically I wanted to do the odd shot for my website so I don't have to use other peoples photos. Yes I asked first.
    Already I'm regreting buying a cheapo one as I'm always having to make adjustments in Pant Shop Pro as the contrast tends to need adjusting (Not enoughth) and the picture tends to be a little to blue.
    Oh and why is the sun always in the wrong position or hides when you need it?
    The thing is once you start it tends get addictive.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

...very...
    How can you possibly take anything seriously?
    Who cares?

Comment

Could also be expensive.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

...only the camera ...and the 1gig micro drive ...and a new tripod ...and a new photo editor, but then it's sailing. It's just when you don't want to do anything else that it gets really expensive. And when you are doing something else, you find yourself dreaming of some shot you'd like to make, or see something to take now, or...
        Who cares?

Comment

If your an upgrade-aholic, digital photography is a CURSE!! I thought I had my addiction beaten TWICE, only to have it transferred onto something else. I used to be a maniac about upgrading my PC back when I rode the bus and had lots of money. Then I bought a car, and had much less money, so I figured the urge to upgrade would die. Well, it died for the PC, but then I got the urge to upgrade the CAR!! DOH!! Then to top THAT off, I bought a Canon Powershot S30 (GREAT camera) to take pics of the upgraded car, and now I wanna upgrade THAT!! Tripods, card readers, camera bags, AARRRRRGGGHH!! Throw it away NOW Pit before its too late!! Save yourself and your wallet.

Bart
          Bart

Comment

...naaah! Go for broke Pit. There's the creative side, but then there's the look-back-did-I-really-do-that side...
            Who cares?

Comment

you only live once, do what I did, new car, new camera, upgrade everything all at once and have fun with it
              Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

Why not get a good REAL camera (with film) and a good film scanner instead ?

Comment

i still have an old cannon AE-1 with a 24mm lens... and a 50mm lenss and a 70-210mm zoom lenss.... i love that camera and will not switch to digital untill it can better the qulity i get from my full manual film camera..
                  "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

sory for the duble post but i had to add this in...

i have acces to the university photolab... i just love developing my own film and printing them too... its a great feeling witnessing befor your eyes the pictur start fading in ....
                    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Lots of people are switching over to digital cameras because of the convience of instant pictures. I agree that the quality is just not there yet except maybe in the most expensive ones.

Joel

Joel
                      Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                      Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

wait and see... the technology is not fully there yet but it will eventualy get there...... even HD is not as good as 35mm film..... but its getting there...

Comment

Not to mention that digital is great just because you can goof around with it. I take pictures I would never think to do with a film camera. There's zero cost to taking a bad digital pic - you just delete it.
                          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rock
                            I bought a Canon Powershot S30 (GREAT camera) to take pics of the upgraded car, and now I wanna upgrade THAT!! Bart
                            Uh...time for you to get that Canon G2. It's calling you!!!
                            RC Agent
                            AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz, MSI 785GT-E63, 6 GB(2x1GB, 2x2GG) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Asus EAH4850 TOP
                            AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz, ASRock A790GXH/128M BIOS 1.7, 4 GB(2x2GB) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Gigabyte HD 6850 1GB DDR5
                            AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.7GHz, Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 BIOS 2501 , 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 1866 CL9 Crucial BallisticX(BLT4G3D1869DT1TX0) , Sapphire HD7870 2GB GDDR5 OC, Seasonic 850w powers supply

Comment

Originally posted by Dogbert
                              Lot easier to download striaght to your computer and then mess around with it.
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X