Help for Holidays in France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help for Holidays in France

I was planning to spent my Christmas and New Year's Day in France. I think that Eurodisney and Paris should be really wonderfull in that time and I'd like to verify it by myself

Anyway, I'd like to have a bit of help from our France MURC chapter.

1) I'd like to camp with my tent. What is the typical temperature during that period of time? Are there any open camping near Paris during the winter?

2) If camping is proibitive, what are the costs for the cheaper hotel? In Italy there is a speaking about "Formula 1" places...what about this?

3) What is life cost in France? For example, what is the cost of a MCMenu, or the cost of a beer in a supermarket?

4) Suggestions?

Any help appreciated
    Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Hi,

1 & 2) It can be quite cold around here, it's not Canada but you can still get snow in december. Let's say the temp is around 5 - 10°C. So if you're used to camp it shouldn't be a problem. About F1 hotels, they are really cheap and therefor offer no comfort. It's ggod if you need a room for the night. I've never tried them but it's still better than camping. And I don't know about camping around Paris sorry...

3) Hmm France can be quite expensive but if you are careful it's OK. A menu at McDonald is about 5 or 6€. Beer in the supermarket in quite cheap depending on the brand of course. If you are in the Disney area, I think it's gonna be pretty cheap. If you go in Paris it's gonna be a lot more epensive, especially if it's a touristic area. Don't go shopping on the Champs Elysees !!

4) You might enjoy the looking at the windows of the Printemps (it's a big shop in Paris), they have toy animations at night and it's really nice. And just go around in Paris at night (and day), there are nice things to see. Paris is more interesting to me than Disneyland, well it's completly different but if you can do both just go. By the way, Disneyland is f***ing expensive !
    System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

Working...
    X