dvdmax overlay problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dvdmax overlay problem

i use dvdmax to transfer shows that i make on the computer to tape. just today, videos of a certain codec seem to not use the overlay anymore, hence no dvdmax tv out. I could swear that it was working before, but so far i haven't gotten it to work again. what could cause that to happen? the codec i'm using is a lossless one: avizlib 2.11, but now it seems there's a 2.20, and still no luck
    the codec can be found here http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Denei/2837/LRC.htm look near the top where there's a link that has the numbers 2.20 in it.
    can anyone give me any input?

thanks
    jeff

Have you installed anything recently that might have messed with the MediaPlayer or DirecX settings? If so reinstalling both might straighten things out.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I don't think i installed anything between the time I think it stopped working. See, the problem is, I'm not so sure it ever did use the overlay. I could've sworn it did, but the only evidence of it on tape was taped over when i last tried (all blackscreen). I'm wondering if a reinstall of win2k and my apps would help. i did try reinstalling the drivers (5.10 beta) but still no luck.
      does anyone know if that codec even uses an overlay?

Comment

Okay, I have a new question. I found that I can get the video to output with dvdmax in 16 bit color. If my display is set to 16 bit, will the output be 16 bit? I assume it would, but right now, all of my shows are 24 bit color.

Comment

Working...
        X