Talked to tech at matrox- tried a whole bunch of stuff:
    undated win2k to service pack 3
    updated mobo bios (p4t-e) to 1007
    uninstalled/reinstalled premeire and x.tools
    switched pci slots
    installed latest parhelia drivers
    installed new audigy drivers.

Anybody have any other suggestions?

the rtx100 forums (the rtx10 forums don't seem to have many posts) seem to have a few people with the same problem. I 've tried some of the 'fixes' to no avail

thanks in advance.

Ausu P4T-E, p4 1.72
    dual wd 40gig drives (ide)
    512k ram
    soundblaster audigy (with latest fix)
    Matrox parhelia
    adaptec scsi 19160 (w zip drive, yamaha cd burner,toshiba cd,hp scanner, wd 2gig)
    win2k service pack 3
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

You need to contact Matrox and have them get you the 1.02 Parhelia drivers....they have some fix for rtx cards in that release...
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

I was told the 1.01 drivers were OK
      however, if some kind soul could provide me with the 1.02 drivers to try, I wouldn't have to wait till monday to retry these
      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

I'm not sure they'd be allowed to distribute...but if they are...I want a share of the pie...
        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

When you are capturing within Premiere, make sure device control is disabled first.

In the capture window there are two edit buttons, click on the bottom "edit" and make sure "device control" is set to non.

Also download the latest driver for the Parhelia or any Matrox video card you have just in case.

Regards,
          Elie

Comment

thanks Elie, been there. done that.

pretty well exhausted most options.

Comment

Ok if that's the case, why don't you reinstall Xtools and see if that makes a difference.

Regards,
              Elie

Comment

uninstalled and reinstalled both premeire and xtools , problems still the same.
                I may try a different video card to see if it is the parhelia causing the problem.

Comment

Working...
                X