Parhelia purple distortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia purple distortion

I have my Parhelia several weeks now and since yesterday i get purple distortions.

I have tested lower agp speeds, older drivers, possible overheating but nothing seems to help.

This distortion only occurs when Parhelia drivers are installed. When uninstalled and using the Windows default vga-driver i have no distortions.

What could be the problem here??

I took some screens:

PIII 1Ghz|AbitSa6R|512mb Kingston|Matrox Parhelia 512 Retail|80gb WD & 30gb IBM 75gxp|Diamond MX300 A3d 2.0|36xcdrom|6x32AopenDVD|Sony DRU500A|Intel Pro 10/100 S|IIyama Vision Master Pro 450 | Celly 300a@450 'server' powered by a G400MAX

WOW!!

There might actually be something wrong with the card!
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I'm thinking bad memory on the vidcard...but that would effect it mostly during gaming...weird...
      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

I left my computer on while i went shopping en when i came back i noticed that the distortion was less than before.

It was only visible on desktop (all apps minimized) and on the windows startbutton.
        Changing resolution didn't change the situation, but reapplying the desktop wallpaper did!

Now the distortion has dissapeared i see that the screenshot's i posted aren't exactly the same as what i saw on my screen.

In the bottom screenshot the complete left side was normal. Only the right side had distortion. I don't know why that didn't show on the screenshot. I took it with alt-printscreen and pasted it in photoshop to save it as a gif.

The only place where i still have distortions are in windows-slider buttons:

If it's a vid-memory problem shouldn't i get it all the time?

*edit: I think the distiortion of the sliders where still in memory or something. If i move the sliders the distortion dissapears.
        And I just ran the UT2003 demo benchmark without any problems.

So the good news is my screen is completly purple distortion free
        Bad news is I don't have a clue what happened or what solved it.
        Last edited by Michel; 21 September 2002, 08:07.
        PIII 1Ghz|AbitSa6R|512mb Kingston|Matrox Parhelia 512 Retail|80gb WD & 30gb IBM 75gxp|Diamond MX300 A3d 2.0|36xcdrom|6x32AopenDVD|Sony DRU500A|Intel Pro 10/100 S|IIyama Vision Master Pro 450 | Celly 300a@450 'server' powered by a G400MAX

Comment

Very strange...
          Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Hi there

Try disabling or uninstalling Coloreal.......
            That might help......
            ASUS P5B-E ;2GB G.Skill DDR2 Ram; C2D6420;lub 3D X1950pro ;SoundBlaster X-Fi;WinXP

Comment

If you can capture it, means that it's in the framebuffer allready and the data proabably got mixed up by the drivers.

If the data would be correct and would have been corrupted in the ramdac or even monitor, your captures would look normal

It's possible that memory corruption occurs because of natural radiation, hence servers use more expensive ECC memory.

I'd reinstall/reimage Windows just to be on the safe side.

Comment

I think it's a software fault. Probably the drivers, windows, or something that fudges with the video (like coloreal, for instance).

If it isn't too much of a hassle, try a windows reinstall.
                There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Michel,
                  Check your Y-Cable it might be loose,
                  Regards,
                  "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

Would this give that kind of distortions in the framebuffer, being able to grab them by just normal screenshot methods?

AZ
                    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I've seen similar problems and they were due as ROM states to lose cable connections either onto the P itself or to the Y-cable.

Comment

woh!
                        The future's no use today.
                        <a href="http://autarkic.org/geek.html">RIG*</a>

Comment

I've been away this week and now after browsing for 30 minutes the purple distortion is back

Rom or Ant: What do you mean with the Y-cable?
                          I only use a single head with the dvi-dsub converter thingy.

And if it's a loose cable, wouldn't the screenshots be clean?

Somehow I don't think reinstalling windows will do anything, because i don't get the distortions when is use the default vga driver. I only want to reinstall as last resort.

I'm pretty clueless here.

Comment

It is possible that your P has a hardware issue... please post on Matrox's forums nd see what they think
                            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Completely off topic and all, but Greebe I love that quote.
                              "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Working...
                              X