Major Surgery!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Surgery!

As described in the "Watercooling" thread I have now swapped out my MSI K7T Turbo (Via kt133a) to a MSI 745 Ultra (SIS 745)!

and added Watercooling to it!

I have just finished the bootup tests and everything Works!

One thing that almost made me freak was that the Promise raid malfunctioned untill I shut down the onboard sound

I think I'll battle W2K tommorow

Thanks everyone that helped me in the watercooling thread!!

BTW:
    anybody want pics?
    Last edited by Technoid; 20 September 2002, 17:05.
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Pics are always cool!
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Cool! Makes me wish I had a Digi cam. I bet most of you would get quite a good laugh from my case!

Comment

hmm....
        the chipset HS gets really hot....

Neither W2K or XP managed to boot!...

Reinstalling time
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

While you spend your time on your system I spend my time trying to explain to stupid poeple the difference between a monitor and a case is! Seriously! Enjoy your time off!

Comment

In sweden the general though is that the word "Harddrive" is the name of the computer case and "memory" is hdd and "random memmory" is memory

I't makes it really hard to understand wtf they are doing....

Comment

Hehe, here in Canada most customers say that the "monitor" is the computer and the "Hard Drive" holds all your programs and the memory is the "Hard Drive", the case (or tower) is also your "Hard Drive". Confused yet?

Comment

...what's that there that you got for half price?
                How can you possibly take anything seriously?
                Who cares?

Comment

mutz,
                  i don't understand what you mean?

Comment

maybe he means pic 1:

"halva priset"

mfg
                    wulfman
                    "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                    "Lobsters?"
                    "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                    "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Hahahahahahaha.
                      I had a old newspaper underneat so i could spot leaks.....

Comment

OK,
                        After a "repair reinstall" the computer is running pretty good!
                        Have to reinstall SP3 tho....

But here is the pictures again in one post as promised:

Comment

LEAK!

The watercooling reservoir is leaking

Then why am I'm not alarmed?

Because the leak are in the "hole" that let's the powercable from the pump out of the reservoir....
                          and I have't been able to get that 100% tight...
                          Its about 1-2 drops per 12 hour....

And it started when i also ran a temp sensor through it

I'm going to get some aquarium silicone or something to fix it....

Comment

Heres a question for those who also has a MSI 754 ultra:

How hot do can you alove the chipset to get before it goes bananas?

I imagine that the chipset HS is suposed to get blown on by the CPU HS fan but I don't have any one and if nesessary I could always mount a 40*40 fan onto it.....
                            Last edited by Technoid; 22 September 2002, 02:42.

Comment

Do that if it gets too hot, you can't be too carefull.

Comment

Working...
                              X