Second vidcard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second vidcard

I'm currently fooling around with QNX and BeOS and would like to add an older supported PCI video card so that I can check them out properly. I'm thinking along the lines of a G200 or an Ati Rage Pro...my question: is it possible to keep both the second card and my P. plugged in without hassle from Windows? I was thinking of enabling the "Primary video -PCI" option in the BIOS and just connecting the monitor to the other card when booting into one of these alternative OS's. Basically I just want an option that does not require me to change vidcards each time I boot.
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

You'll have the option for an extended desktop, dual view type thing, but to answer the question, no there isn't much hassle if the video card is installed correctly.

I've installed two video cards in my system once, but a 1mb PCi Cirrus Logic 5440 isn't much good!

P.S: I'm not too sure if I understand what your trying to do.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Re: Second vidcard

Originally posted by lecter
      I'm currently fooling around with QNX and BeOS and would like to add an older supported PCI video card so that I can check them out properly. I'm thinking along the lines of a G200 or an Ati Rage Pro...my question: is it possible to keep both the second card and my P. plugged in without hassle from Windows? I was thinking of enabling the "Primary video -PCI" option in the BIOS and just connecting the monitor to the other card when booting into one of these alternative OS's. Basically I just want an option that does not require me to change vidcards each time I boot.
      the Primary video option should work, although i have seen operating systems have problems with initalizing on the right display sometimes... sometimes (especially if they like to control whats going on) they will do their own device initialization and, sometimes, the AGP card will win, even if in theory it shouldn't. all you should have to do is disable the second video card inside windows and you shouldn't have any problems with that.

go ahead and try it, sounds like the best option.
      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Just got an original 4MB Matrox Millennium I today Works like a charm in BeOS and sits quietly in Windows....thanx for the input.
        All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Working...
        X