Cheap, quiet heatsink for Kyro II?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap, quiet heatsink for Kyro II?

I'm looking for a cheap and quiet cooler as a replacement for my dying Kyro II (yes, yes, I know - I could get a faster card for little more money than a cooler alone) cooler?

I tried the passive HS of an old TNT2-M64 (or Vanta, however you will), but the system keeps crashing with it. I think my case temp is kind of high (about 35°C IIRC), but I don't want to add any loud fans to it, and it works.

So, any recommendations?

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Blue orb or crystal orb....
    10-12$
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Crystal orb!

Isn't the Kyro II already equipped with a Blue Orb (or look a like)?
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I've heard they're kinda loud (well, maybe not loud for people with four 1KW sunon fans in theirsystems, but my sas has a quiet PSU, quiet CPU fan, and a much too loud (failed bearing, I guess) GPU fan, no more

The hercules models (which I own) have something that looks like a crystal orb, but I don't think it is one.

AZ

Comment

Then volt it down.....
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

check out http://www.dark-tweaker.com/titanTTC-cuv2ab.htm
            How can you possibly take anything seriously?
            Who cares?

Comment

What's wrong with the original orb ?
              If the fan stopped spinning or spins slow (like mine did, when I had a Kyro II), try to oil it and give it another shot.

Comment

It makes grinding noises

AZ

Comment

Um ya, not good.

Go for that Titan cuv2

Comment

Try volting down the original fan, or get a Zalman passive cooler.
                    "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

WOW, that's supposed to be "passive" !?

(one case fan and you got your active cooler)

Comment

The Crystal Orb is very loud and the holes won't be aligned with your KyroII.

My suggest is the Titan Copper chipset cooler because it is very quiet, let me OC my volt-modded KyroII an additional 5mhz over stock cooling, and has different mounting brackets to fit any graphics card.

Here is where you can get it for $10: http://2cooltek.safeshopper.com/51/305.htm?251
                        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

The titan chipset cooler I tried was a POS, but it was an erlier model than the one in the link above....

Comment

...that would have been the CUV1ab, which wasn't up to snuff. The CUV2AB which is now out, according to many reviews, is the best chipset/VGA cooler right now. Next week I'm puting one on my chipset and one on the P, if it fits.
                            How can you possibly take anything seriously?
                            Who cares?

Comment

You won't wanna put one on a Parhelia....it won't cover the whole core...
                              Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X