Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wich Bios ver for Msi 745 Ultra?

Wich one works best ?
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

For most version 1.3, but if you have good PC2700DDR then go for 1.5
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks
      I only have 2100DDR so I'l go for 1.3
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I've got Samsung 2700. 1.5 for me then?
        Meet Jasmine.
        flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Probably....
          Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Bios revs 1.4 and 1.5 have... "issues" with certain chip/memory combinations, causing the machine to take forever to boot whilst trying to step through timing combinations, regardless of what you set things to in the BIOS.

For many users, including myself, the only acceptable BIOS thus far has been 1.3 - however some people CANNOT use 1.3 because there are timing bugs with very fast RAM, so if 1.3 don't cut it for you, try 1.5 instead.

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Or I'll maybe just stick with 1.0 then
              Meet Jasmine.

Comment

No, 1.0 is hella buggy. You MUST go to 1.12 beta at the very least. 1.3 is highly recommended.

- Gurm
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

What's wrong with 1.0? I ain't had any problems yet. Thanks, P.
                  Meet Jasmine.

Comment

Really? And it keeps your memory and CPU and FSB speeds when you hit the reset button? You're lucky!

- Gurm

Comment

I'm on 1.0 as well - didn't see any point to sorting the memory timing "bug" as it only happens if you reset the pc before it has finished POSTing.

There seemed to be some discussion as to whether this was a bug or a safety feature for when the speeds are set to high to successfully POST.

As I am intending to start bumping the FSB speed (when the weather is cooler ) it seemed like a handy feature to have.

Comment

Rob - problem is that it happened at normal stock speeds, and often whenever you rebooted, not just when you rebooted and it hadn't finished posting yet.

Or let's say that you interrupt POST to hit del and enter the bios... when it restarts it "hasn't finished post" and therefore blows away all the changes you just made in the bios.

- Gurm

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                          Rob - problem is that it happened at normal stock speeds, and often whenever you rebooted, not just when you rebooted and it hadn't finished posting yet.

Or let's say that you interrupt POST to hit del and enter the bios... when it restarts it "hasn't finished post" and therefore blows away all the changes you just made in the bios.

- Gurm
                          Wich is frigging irritating!

We have an ASUS at work that does the same....

Comment

Ah right - never actually seen that one myself.

The times I have seen it is when I want to go into the bios and forget to hit DEL in time - so hit Ctrl-Alt-Del while BIOS is still doing stuff.

Agree about it happening at stock speeds tho (133/133 in my case) - resets to 100/100.

That's the only way I have managed to get it to happen.

Comment

BIG PROBLEMS!!!

I got my hands on two Apaccer 256 CL2 PC2100 dimms and when I use them W2K won't boot!
                              Says it can't read the registry (the usual bad memmory story...)

Shpould I try Bios ver 1.5 before a can the mem?

Comment

Working...
                              X