Best drivers for Marvel G400+G200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best drivers for Marvel G400+G200

If you want to use the Marvel G400 and G200 with Picvideo and the Flying Dutchman's YUY2 patch (is this needed for PicVideo), which are the best drivers and video tools for:
    Windows 98se
    Windows 2000 professional.

Most importantly: which drivers work! Why am I using Picvideo instead of hardware Mjpeg?, I find less frame loss between 2gb captures using freevcr and huffyuv or picvideo than using the hardware mjpeg and any capture program.

Have a look here and look for Version: 1.52

You will need the Flying Dutchman's YUY2 patch to enable YUY2, this is required in order to be able to use PicVideo, only via 3rd. party software, eg. AVI_IO.

The Flying Dutchman's YUY2 patch will only work with the above specified video tool for Win98/SE

Regards,

Debbie
    Last edited by Debbie; 19 September 2002, 03:57.
    We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

I thought the matrox 2000 drivers and vidtools (without the RR patch) only work with yuy2 or rgb. Will picvideo not work with rgb?

Comment

Let's straighten things out: If you want to capture using PICvideo you can choose between RGB and (preferably) YUY2. The YUY2 feaure however is hidden in in the vidtools for Win9X. You'll need the YUY2 patch to reveal the YUY2 mode.

In Win2K YUY2 is enabled by default in the vidtools, while hardware MJPEG is disabled. Therefore you won't need the patch.

For Win2K use vidtools 2.04
        For Win9X you can use the latest (1.55), though some users prefer 1.54 or 1.52.

landrover
        -Off the beaten path I reign-

At Home:

Asus P4P800-E Deluxe / P4-E 3.0Ghz
        2 GB PC3200 DDR RAM
        Matrox Parhelia 128
        Terratec Cynergy 600 TV/Radio
        Maxtor 80GB OS and Apps
        Maxtor 300 GB for video
        Plextor PX-755a DVD-R/W DL
        Win XP Pro

At work:
        Avid Newscutter Adrenaline.
        Avid Unity Media Network.

Comment

cheers, one problem. Although the G400 worked like this, in win 2000 the G200 marvel had no video in: never mind capture there was no preview. Both cards work fine in windows 98 so the hardware is ok.

Comment

Sorry, I don't have any experience with the G200 Marvel. Didn't know they have different features...

landrover
            -Off the beaten path I reign-

At Home:

Asus P4P800-E Deluxe / P4-E 3.0Ghz
            2 GB PC3200 DDR RAM
            Matrox Parhelia 128
            Terratec Cynergy 600 TV/Radio
            Maxtor 80GB OS and Apps
            Maxtor 300 GB for video
            Plextor PX-755a DVD-R/W DL
            Win XP Pro

At work: