bios settings? help me!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bios settings? help me!!!

Hey hey, i bought myself a new mainboard the other day, its an abit be6 II 133mhzbus / Ata100 board. (the latest revision ill guess)
    My question is, what todo in the bios for optimizing the computer? i mean for like video capturing etc. i heavent touched any buttons in there but ill guess there is something todo with all those settings

Fredrik

For the most part the defaults should work fine. The main exception would be the AGP Frame setting. This should be set for 256 megs if possible. The AGP Frame affects the buffering of video data being shoved through the AGP slot.

A large AGP Frame setting is of benefit with boards like the Marvel, RR-G, RT-2000, DV-500 etc. that are either combo boards or use a PCI board that interacts directly with the display adapter for doing video and/or special effects.

If the board doesn't "like" an AGP Frame of 256 megs then set it for each downward increment until the card works.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 14 July 2000).]

Comment

Fredrik

A lot depends on the BIOS manufacturer and the chipset. For ex. some require that disk DMA be set from within it, although most do not.

Others limit the number of adjustments to a bare minimum.

However, IMHO, the most important thing is to use it to make sure there are no IRQ conflicts on PCI boards, esp. the video and sound. The easiest way is to set the IRQs manually to each slot.

------------------
      Brian (the terrible)

[This message has been edited by Brian Ellis (edited 14 July 2000).]
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Dr Mordrid: hey hey, it seems like it works fine with the agp slot on 256, but the reason that i asked for "if it was any special settings i should use" was simply because of when i take a memmory benchmark in sisoft sandra it finds that, my memmory is much slower then it is on another bx board with 128megs of ram (and i have 256megs)

Comment

Brian: hi, hello, nop i dont have any conflicts with either the sound card or the marvel g400 or anything else, but it seems that its something wrong when i do some tests in sisoft sandra, i got much lower on results on everything that other computers like mine do

Comment

Check your memory and see what settings it requires. Many times the mainboard has both an automatic or manual setting for this with the default being manual at a slow setting.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
            X