Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My track day at Mossport today (warning lots of pictures)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My track day at Mossport today (warning lots of pictures)

Just check out he camber on the rear tires

A friend of mine got an e-mail the other day. They're all part of a group of guys that race their cars. His e-mail went.....
    I went down to Bandimere today. Got a 15.2 (ed note: not very fast for a car to do the 1/4 mile)
    IN MY TRUCK!
    Yes, this man had modded and tweaked out his truck. An F-350 with a 7.3L turbo diesel, and two assloads of torque. I wish I had seen this monster of a truck haul that fast.

Future suggested competitions involve seeing what his best time is while dragging the competition's car behind him
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
      A friend of mine got an e-mail the other day. They're all part of a group of guys that race their cars. His e-mail went.....

Yes, this man had modded and tweaked out his truck. An F-350 with a 7.3L turbo diesel, and two assloads of torque. I wish I had seen this monster of a truck haul that fast.

Future suggested competitions involve seeing what his best time is while dragging the competition's car behind him
      If he wants a real truck to drag race...needs to look at one of these:

5.4L Supercharged V-8
      380HP
      450lb-ft

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

But even the Lightning only does 14.2, stock. Meanwhile, this 350 is the one this guy uses to haul it competition trailer.
        Don't forget that Bandimere is also about 5000 feet up. Big difference.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Yeah but it's supercharged so that kinda negates those 5000 feet of altitude. Still, it's an impressive feat for a diesel truck. You wouldn't happen to know what the 60 ft time and the trap speed was to give us better idea of the performance?
          Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Yeah but it's supercharged so that kinda negates those 5000 feet of altitude.
            Bull. It helps, but it's not like there's suddenly a ton of fresh air available because of a little extra compression.

Nah. 1/4 mile is all I have on this one.

Comment

Re: My track day at Mossport today (warning lots of pictures)

Originally posted by Elie
              (warning lots of pictures)
              That's it ? We want more !

Comment

Working...
              X