Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surround Gaming + Quake3 bug

Hey guys,

One thing that I haven't been able to figure out is when playing Quake3 in Surround Gaming mode, there are certain levels which will cause Quake3 to terminate, and exit to desktop.

There are no BSOD's or anything like that at all...As soon as the game begins to actually load the level, it will just fall to the desktop.

I have switched to normal 1-monitor mode, and this never happens.

And to be sure, I have followed the Surround Gaming instructions to a "T."

I have also killed my Quake3 config, and played with a default one, and it's the same deal. It's just very weird because only certain levels will exhibit this behavior.

Anybody else?

Never has happened here. What levels?

Comment

That is not actually a Surround Gaming bug but a Quake 3 engine spefic bug. Just plug in your Geforce or whatever, and try using any custom res on those levels using r_mode -1 and r_customwidth r_customheight to whatever you want and it will crash to the desktop with the same reason. The good news that we're working closely with id Software on resolving this, stay tuned on that,

Regards,
      "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

Thanks a bunch for the update...

The interesting thing is the fact that I've been using the 1.30 point release forever, and the note you have up @ the Matrox site suggest this is specific to the 1.31 release.

I upgraded to 1.31 to see if it would make any difference, and it's the same deal.

It's really weird because there are times when it will fall back to the desktop every single time...and there might be that one time when I fire it up, and it works right off the bat...But generally speaking, it falls back to the desktop more often than not.

Comment

Also happens to me in RtCW - level after the tram will appear to load successfully, then crash to desktop.

Eagerly awaiting fix.

Comment

Working...
          X