Faster than light for under $500?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faster than light for under $500?

The latest science and technology news from New Scientist. Read exclusive articles and expert analysis on breaking stories and global developments
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

I hate this kind of things.
    Each time it remembers me about Galileo and Cristoforo Colombo and a few hundreds of others.
    I hate this kind of things.
    Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

Hey, i just posted as i thought it might generate a discussion
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

so they're basically talking about using interference patterns? they're not talking about any particles actually travelling faster than light...? am I right?
        Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

...who asked you, Drizzt? Who cares what you hate? If yo Daddy hadn't discovered yo Mama, you wouldn't even be here! Jerk!

Paddy, I find that very interesting, particularly that kids did it and not some big-ass laboratory.
          How can you possibly take anything seriously?
          Who cares?

Comment

Ya wanna know whats faster than the speed of light and alot cheaper?

Yo arse after eating a Habenero pepper and then chasing it with milk to kill the heat when your lactose intolerant!

Just ask my other half about her experience over the last 24 hours! LOL

(yes she's still PO'd at me for teasing her over it all!)
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Not to mention she was drunk off her arse after all the Margarita's I made with the Mezcal my bud brought me back from Mexico...

30 minutes later she was slurring, "I'm not gonna let any pepper get the better of me!"

and then, "The roof of my mouth is burned off"

...that's about how long it took before her intolerance took to kick in.

(sorry I can't help it, still laughing
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                Ya wanna know whats faster than the speed of light and alot cheaper?

Yo arse after eating a Habenero pepper and then chasing it with milk to kill the heat when your lactose intolerant!

LOL, so true!
                Titanium is the new bling!
                (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe

No way!

She's probably more dangerous than Bart at the moment
                  If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by mutz
                    ...who asked you, Drizzt? Who cares what you hate? If yo Daddy hadn't discovered yo Mama, you wouldn't even be here! Jerk!

Paddy, I find that very interesting, particularly that kids did it and not some big-ass laboratory.
                    I don't hate discoveries, huge monkey!

I hate statement like
                    "so, we have saved Einstein's relativity once again!"

For me scientist attitude versus Einstein's relativity discussion is the same as the Inquisition, as laughing at a man who say that earth is round shaped, same as burning a priest for saying that the sun is still and earth moving...

Comment

I don't see how you got that from "so, we have saved Einstein's relativity once again!" comment Drizzt

All they were saying is what they found is in compliance with Einstein's Theory of Relativity.

Comment

...but WOW! Look how Drizzzt's english is improving!

Giovanni and Guiseppe were digging a ditch. Guiseppe stopped for a minute, leaned on his shovel and said,

"Heya, Giovanni, how coma Paddy da bossa?"

Giovanni answered,

"Dona knowa, goa aska 'ima."

Guiseppe goes over to Paddy and says,

"Heya Paddy, howa coma youa da bossa?"

Paddy thinks a minute, and says,

"Dunno... could be intelligence."

"Whatsa intelligence?"

"Hmmm, well, see my hand?"

Paddy holds up his hand in front of a stone wall.

"Hit my hand as hard as you can!"

Guiseppe, happy for the opportunity, cocks back and throws a hefty right. In the last minute Paddy pulls his hand out of the way, and smack! Guiseppe poles the wall!

"OOuuaah! Whya youa doa thata?"

Paddy laughs, "That's why I'm the boss!"

Guiseppe goes back to the ditch, nursing his hand.

Giovanni looks up, "Whadda hea saya?"

"Intelligence" mumured Guiseppe.

"Whatsa datta?" asked Giovanni.

"Wella, seea mya handa?"

Guiseppe puts his hand in front of his forehead,

"Wella hitta mya handa!"

Who cares?

Comment

Massive bunch of dirty brown hairs...stop joking on me or I will crush your leg to play shangai with them...

Comment

A proposito, Orango svizzero...di che parte della Svizzera?L'italiano lo parli?

Comment

...Bern, Chico...
                              Who cares?

Comment

Working...
                              X