cannot play back AVI files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cannot play back AVI files

After recording using pc-vcr I get an error message 'Cannot read file'. The report screen then comes up with the file name and all other details are - (dash). Video capture on MSP 5.2 and 6 (trail) will not work using mjpeg compression and sometimes locks up.

I have looked at some of the AVI headers using winpad and these appear wrong (compared to previous recordings), the first four digits of the header read JUNK insted of RTFF(?).

Has anyone had a previos problem like this?

I have tried re-installing drivers, original software, directx 6.1 etc, but the problem still exists.

I know that this may not be what you are looking for, but try renaming that headers with this program and see if the captured file works. Also, when you re-installed the SW, did you perform a complete un-install first (regedit and manually ripping out any other Matrox files)? It sounds like it may be a problem with the actual VidCap??? Some Help from someone else.
    http://idiots-guide.matroxusers.com/...ads/avi10a.zip
    WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Working...
    X