New drivers broke Reef demo :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New drivers broke Reef demo :(

Well, I just installed the new Parhelia drivers and my Reef demo gives me a "can not initialize hardware" message . This sucks!

I uninstalled my old drivers first, rebooted and installed the new drivers. I tried Gigacolor on and off, and all the other options. Basically I have spent the last 2 hours trying to get the new drivers and Reef demo to work together.

Anyone else have this problem?

Andrew
    nForce2 MX intergrated video is actually pretty darn good, but I do miss 16xFAA!?!? Way to go nVidia.

AMD XP2500
    MSI nForce2
    Tons of RAM
    Tons of HD space

This is mentioned in the included readme. A forthcoming patch should fix this....
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Yeah it's a known issue, uncheck Anti-aliasing from the Reef Demo config. If you want FAA-16 just turn it on in the Powerdesk, will be fixed in the next driver,

Regards,
      "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

Thanks again, rom....
        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

That will teach me to read the readme ... a guess after 15 years of computing, something useful was finally mentioned in the readme.txt!

Thanks,
          Andrew
          nForce2 MX intergrated video is actually pretty darn good, but I do miss 16xFAA!?!? Way to go nVidia.

AMD XP2500
          MSI nForce2
          Tons of RAM
          Tons of HD space

Comment

Working...
          X