Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P4 HSF and PSU

Hi,

Does anyone here have any recommendation for a quiet and cheap HSF and a PSU? As long as they perform better than super-cheapo I'ma happy.

Was thinking getting an Orb, but 43db they are noisy. PSU I currently have a 400W super-cheapo (13GBP...) but it is SUPER HYPER ULTRA TOXICALLY noisy I shouldn't have bought a dual-fan

Is Coolermaster any good?

And most importantly... where can I buy them?....

Thanks.
    P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
    Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
    And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Don't know where you are, and quiet and cheep are relative terms.

CWT are among the best on the market, and some dealers say they have less trouble and RMAs with them than Enermax. Some higher priced PSUs are actually CWTs under another label that have been tweaked for noise and gold plated or sprayed black. Prices for the same identical part can also vary quite a bit from place to place.

I just bought and installed a Cool Master IHC-L71 "silent heat pipe". The cooling is perfect for me, but you will have to look in terms of what you want to cool. I paid about 60 Euro for mine.

Check the prices in online stores all around before looking more locally. You discover places you never knew were there, sometimes right around the corner.
    How can you possibly take anything seriously?
    Who cares?

Comment

Thermalright AX-478
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Thanks.

I forgot to mention... I'm in the UK.
        I've looking around the major online stores... nothing particularly interesting :\ other than that Dragon Orb which sounds quite good but too noisy for me.
        And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Have you tried?:

State of the Art webhosting, vertrouwd, betaalbaar en ondergebracht op de nieuwste hardware met razendsnelle NVMe/SSD storage. Registreer nu ook .nl internet naam en host uw website tegen zeer coulante tarieven zonder in te leveren aan kwaliteit

There a lot of good German sites too, ya gotta read German...

If you are trying to cool a red hot OCed off the map Tbird or something, any HSF will by necessity be loud, unless you go to water. My new CoolMaster has a fan, but I can't hear it.
          How can you possibly take anything seriously?
          Who cares?

Comment

Thanks!!

And no I'm not gonna overclock it by too much... probably 110-115 FSB will do.

Guess I'm gonna go for CoolerMaster silent version (about 28db, which is pretty good) and in the US it is relatively cheap... see if I can find it in the UK...

Comment

Working...
            X