Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death of a Harddrive!

Death of a Harddrive!

The computer that I’m testing the Watercooling kit in has two Hdd’s…
    One Quantum fireball 6gb and one IBM GXP75 60Gb…

Guess which one failed yesterday?
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

hmm, the other one?

Comment

I guess it was the IBM
      Specs:
      MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

The Slow noisy Quantum!
        So I have now have another slow noisy 13gb quantum
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

The Quantum Fireball were nearly as bad as the IBM GXP series. Slow, bad quality, low cache... (that's called a mainstream-model, I guess )

Take an old Quantum Empire or LPS drive, you won't see those die (I have both, a 1GB Empire and a LPS270 still working)
          But we named the *dog* Indiana...
          My System
          2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
          German ATI-forum

Comment

My Quantum Fireball 1.2GB is still running. My Quantum Fireball 26GB is still running.

Comment

I once had a Quantum Fireball 6.4GB fail (in my sister's machine). It was still under warranty so it got replaced... and the replacement failed, still within the original warranty period. The second replacement is still running good (touch wood).
              Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

I once read a story about a server disk (think it was a Atlas), which got so hot, the plastic casing melted, and the drive fell down. It still worked.

AZ
                There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
                X