Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigacolor/FAA lockup issue

Hey fellas,

Well, I finally norrowed down the problem I was having with FAA. To make a long story short, when enabling FAA in Quake3 (for example), it would lock up instantly.

I noticed this behavior with the previous set of drivers, so the first thing I did once I installed these newer ones was to give it a shot...

Well...When I enable Gigacolor (by itself), I get a rather interesting looking screen. It really hoses everything. It's looks like a colorized negative image, if that makes any sense.

So, I then tried Gigacolor + FAA, and I still got the lockup issue. I finally figured out that disabling Gigacolor altogether eliminated the lockup issue...

Anybody else have this problem?

Summarize...

- Gigacolor (for 3D games) will lockup games when used in combination with FAA.

- Gigacolor, by itself, will yield this very psychodelic looking thing...it won't lockup the system.

- The lockup issue was present in the last set of drivers, but the psychodelic effect seems like it's only in the latest ones.

OK....Just an update.

If I select Gigacolor for both desktop/game, reboot, then everything seems to work OK...

But if the desktop is disabled (16M colors) and the 3D gaming is enabled (1B colors), then I get that 60's flashback thing...

Anybody else? Did I miss the boat somewhere along the way? Do you have to have this feature enabled for both? (seems like it wouldn't be the case, given the fact they allow you to choose).

Comment

Yea, happens in some games. At the very least--loading them.

1.73TBredB@1.67(166X10)@1.6V
      ASUS A7N8X
      Corsair 1GB PC3200
      Parhelia 128MB
      EIZO L685EX

Comment

Working...
      X