Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT2003 problems

Good morning everyone,
    I just downloaded the UT2003 demo and played around a bit, unfortunatly I came over some problems, first the minor one:
    In the indoor DM map (I think it was DM-Antalus) there is a tunnel with ventilators and light showing on the ground, there is some corruption on these textures.

Now the real big problem I have:
    When I play with 16xFAA the game runs ok, but as soon as I exit the game, the whole desktop is corrupted, the text is unreadable, actually it doesn't look like text at all. The start button looks very bad, so does the icons. When I try to start any other program, it crashes (freezes, I can't do anything but press reset). It also crashes when I want to restart windows in this condition

My system is in my signature, I am using the latest P. drivers which have been released yesterday.
    Specs:
    MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

I just found a work-around:
    It seems like when I have desktop set to 10g-color and the game set to 10g-color, there won't be the desktop corruption.
    Still it would be better to figure out what causes the problem...
    Specs:
    MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

"zu früh gefreut" as we would say here in germany
      Even with the all 10g-color settings it still crashes. I hope Matrox can help me on monday
      Specs:

Comment

But what's wrong with keeping the desktop in GigaColor all the time?
        All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

I had problems in WarCraft 3, or better say in the worldeditor of WC3 when 10g was enabled in desktop.
          And as I just said, the whole thing crashed again a short time ago
          Specs:

Comment

The fan problem has been fixed in the next driver, it was too late to put it in the 1.01, i'll investigate your other problem,

Regards,
            "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

Thanks for the update, ROM...
              Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

hmm I got the problem that I can't select 800x600 and 1024x768
                Hey! You're talking to me all wrong! It's the wrong tone! Do it again...and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron

Comment

Re: UT2003 problems

Originally posted by 103er-Fan
                  Now the real big problem I have:
                  When I play with 16xFAA the game runs ok, but as soon as I exit the game, the whole desktop is corrupted, the text is unreadable, actually it doesn't look like text at all. The start button looks very bad, so does the icons. When I try to start any other program, it crashes (freezes, I can't do anything but press reset). It also crashes when I want to restart windows in this condition

My system is in my signature, I am using the latest P. drivers which have been released yesterday.
                  I've got the same Problem here. Latest drivers, WinXP, UT2003 Demo, FAA 16x with and without AF.
                  Maybe only we Germany guy's have it.

Oh, I've only tried 1024x786 so far - better for my eyes (LCD).
                  cu/2 magog - Germany - flying with OS/2 Warp speed...in a vehicle named eComStation (eCS)
                  ---
                  Author of the Java Movie Database - http://www.jmdb.de
                  JMDB v1.35 FINAL is available (2007-09-20)
                  Homepage: http://www.juergen-ulbts.de/

Comment

Re: Re: UT2003 problems

Originally posted by magog

I've got the same Problem here. Latest drivers, WinXP, UT2003 Demo, FAA 16x with and without AF.
                    Maybe only we Germany guy's have it.
                    I have to say that this might be right, it installs a slightly different version when the system language is german:
                    The blood is green and also the (dieing)animations are different. It might sound stupid but 'll give it a try and reinstall the game with english language enabled.
                    Specs:

Comment

just modify the UT2003.ini - language from "det" to "int" and gorelevel to 0.

mfg
                      wulfman
                      "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                      "Lobsters?"
                      "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                      "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Re: Re: Re: UT2003 problems

Originally posted by 103er-Fan

I have to say that this might be right, it installs a slightly different version when the system language is german:
                        [...]
                        I mentioned the problem on Matrox TechSupport Forum (Games D3D/OGL).
                        They want a Screenshot, but I don't own a digicam - I've got to get one tomorrow....oh today.

Do you think this could be related to heat problems?
                        I could touch the ram and the HS without getting my fingers burned, but it seems the errors show up, when UT 2003 is running for a longer time (1-3 benchmark rounds or some minutes of playing).
                        On the other hand no problems with 4xFSAA.
                        cu/2 magog - Germany - flying with OS/2 Warp speed...in a vehicle named eComStation (eCS)
                        ---
                        Author of the Java Movie Database - http://www.jmdb.de
                        JMDB v1.35 FINAL is available (2007-09-20)
                        Homepage: http://www.juergen-ulbts.de/

Comment

I get the problems only with 16xFAA, I can play the game for a few hours and it runs fine, but windows crashes when I exit, but I also can run it just a very few minutes and the same thing happens to windows.

When I will be back this afternoon, I can try to take some screenies with my digicam, I hope that the quality will be op, because I can't make any screenshots
                          Specs:

Comment

Hi magog!
                            Actually I had my digital camera ready about an hour ago and wanted to make some pictures, but I couldn't!
                            I really tried to reproduce the problem but it seems to be gone, I have not a single clue why it disappered, the only thing I changed was the demo itself (I turned it into the english version).
                            I even turned it back into german, without any success on reproducing the error.

I will try it with 16,8million colors today instead of 10G color.
                            Specs:

Comment

press F9 during the game to make a screenshot doh
                              it will be in the ut2k3 system folder.
                              no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Working...
                              X