Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIAA and MPAA has gone completely over the hill!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIAA and MPAA has gone completely over the hill!

RIAA and MPAA has gone completely over the hill!

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Who do they think they are? The emperors of America!?!
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Originally posted by Indiana
    I
    But now, since those f*cked-up companies only sign crap like Boyzone, Brosis or other "artificial" bands instead of looking for real bands - and the sales are going down, all of a sudden, the copying has to be the culprit
    Yeh I had to listen to a stuffed dummies girl group performing live at the local match this weekend during half time. Live my arse, they were miming and one kept forgetting the dance routine.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The other lovely thing those a-holes managed to do, is get a judge to say that internet radio broadcasters will have to pay royalties or have some sort of fee structure to give money to the record labels. So all of those hobbist people who broadcast stuff (for example winamp Shoutcast) are going to get screwed. The RIAA managed to get the ruling shoved through the court by claiming that internet broadcasting is the same as broadcasting original recordings off of CDs.. what a joke. Explains why I'll never buy another CD from these money grubbing bastards again.

Comment

I actually agree with them on the internet radio issue. While I don't like the fact that this will kill this scene, I can see the RIAA's standpoint. MP3 streaming allows recording (with totalrecorder from www.highcriteria.com for example) at high quality, which would basically be the same as filesharing.

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Which is, again, based on your... err I mean RIAAs assumption that mpthree filesharing is bad.
          Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Well, I can certainly understand that they want to make money off the music they do all the promotional work for. That their business practices are highly unethical when it comes to such things as fair contracts, giving good bands an honest chance, not getting the biggest part of the pie, etc. is another question.

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I absolutely cannot understand all the trouble the RIAA is making.
              Copying music tracks is absolutely common and has been since the invention of the tape. Tht's what GEMA is for and it really hasn't hurt sales that much in the last 40 years, has it?

But now, since those f*cked-up companies only sign crap like Boyzone, Brosis or other "artificial" bands instead of looking for real bands - and the sales are going down, all of a sudden, the copying has to be the culprit

I do have at least 500 CDs here, but I WILL NOT buy only one single copy-protected CD, never. If it is copy protected, I WILL use a cracked/pirated copy to ensure MY rights (and those include making personal collections of songs that I've BOUGHT on my very own CD) - It's just as easy as that.
              But we named the *dog* Indiana...
              My System
              2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
              German ATI-forum

Comment

Working...
              X