Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lip DivX-ing... or... N'Sync is horrible

yes, lip syncing.
    my problem occurs as follows. thanks for reading this btw..
    I have recently converted a DVD (vob files) to a DivX avi via FlaskMPEG. My settings for this 96 min. movie (BOWFINGER) were 1 keyframe/sec Data Rate: 1760 using the Low Motion Codec. Audio Compression was Mp3- 320kbps/44K
    as well as some cropping and resizing of the image to 624x XXX
    anyway, the audio is horribley out of sync
    I chopped the video into two using VirtualDub so I could fit the thing onto 2 CDS (I used a bitrate calculator to figure out the aforementioned settings). I then saved the WAV audio so that I could boost the audio. After normalizing to 200% in Cute, I then used this louder audio as the audio WAV track. The A/V is still out of sync.
    now here's the weird part:

I used VirtualDub's interleaving menu to "skew" the audio so that it would sync up. after finding the correct time in miliseconds to push the audio backward so that the audio in a selected region was in sync, audio in every other section of the movie does not match up!
    I watched from 10 min. before my synced region and to my surprise it is all out of sync until just before that magical part in the movie when it syncs up for a minute or two, then comes out of sync again.

can anyone offer suggestions? This would really be appreciated as I am sooo baffled!

System: PIII 500, 128MB PC100 RAM, 13 Gig 7200 Quantum Fireball with 6.9 GB freespace and a defragged HD...

[This message has been edited by intomisery (edited 12 July 2000).]

So not use Flask for encoding the audio...

use ac3dec to decode the .vob (AC3) to .wav (PCM) and use VirtualDub for audio interleaving and encoding to MP3.

Set interleave to each 100ms. and 500ms preload.

------------------
    - What do you get when you put N nVidia whores in a circle and each one pats the person on their right on the back and says "nVidia wins 3dfx and Michael Knight any day of the week!" ?

- You get N people with a boosted ego, and no-one loses anything; keep up the good work, boys!

Comment

you think flask is the problem?
      why does it sync and become out of sync? I mean, shouldn't the rate at which the audio is playing be equal to the rate of the video?

Comment

In what way? In my AVI's, the video rate is 30 Hz, whereas the audio rate is 44.1 kHz. They're nowhere near the same.

Comment

I mean, if the audio and video are recorded from the same source, they should sync up, right? why is it that this comes in and out of sync? they are running at the same speed, so to speak.. one is not getting increasingly faster or slower so that the other, which stays the same, becomes unsynced.

Comment

well... why they go out of sync I do not know... I do know that flas sucks at encoding the audio.... just try the way I adviced you to do it

------------------
            - What do you get when you put N nVidia whores in a circle and each one pats the person on their right on the back and says "nVidia wins 3dfx and Michael Knight any day of the week!" ?

- You get N people with a boosted ego, and no-one loses anything; keep up the good work, boys!

Comment

Working...
            X