New ACAD tools with 1.01 drivers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ACAD tools with 1.01 drivers...

Anyone else here tried these new ACAD drivers and AECVIZ viewer yet?

My summation is a quote from the Simpsons:

HOLY FLURGING SCHNIT!

Pretty cool in my 5 min test drive.

If you have ACAD 2002 or 2001i or similar, fire up these new drivers (this is the first Matrox Heidi Driver, to my knowledge).
    Next, open up either the truck model or watch model from within the samples folder of your ACAD install directory.
    Next, try doing a 3d orbit. Not bad. Now click the AECVIZ link button, and play around in in the window that is created. Very Very nice.

Reminds me of the software package that came with an older Elsa Gloria card I had. (full lenth PCI card with a couple of 3dLabs chips on it).

Cheers!
    Dr. Moreau
    System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

These Hiedi drivers are for ACAD2002, and will not work with ACAD2000.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

What is it these drivers do anyway???

Is is sort of like ASIO and GSIF for soundcards????

As an engineering student, I may get into some CAD in the future, making this card a very sound choice, indeed...
      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Heidi is ACAD's native driver language, in a way.

The matrox Heidi Driver allows ACAD to directly access the Hardware acceleration of the Parhelia...

CEM
        System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

Comment

Seeeeet!!!!

Comment

can someone tell me if the two options called "use geometry acceleration (single precision) and antialiased lines are supported (yet)? i'm just beginning to learn autocad so i won't gain that much advantage, but i was configuring some things and bumped into these settings.

Comment

3dsmax?

Does those Heidi drivers work with 3d Studio Max R5?
              <font size="-4">User error:
              Replace user and try again.
              System 1: P4 2.8@3.25, P4C800-E Deluxe, 1024MB 3200 CL2, 160+120 GB WD, XP Pro, Skystar 2, Matrox Parhelia 128R, Chieftec Dragon Full Tower (Silver).
              System 2: P4 2.0, Intel 845, 1024MB Generic RAM, 80GB WD, XP Pro, Promise Ultra133 TX2, GF3 Ti500. Resides in a neat Compaq case.
              </font>

Comment

The Heidi drivers are for Autocad.

The certified OpenGL drivers I beleive are certified upto 3DSMAX R4.2...

Comment

Working...
                X