Newsgroup providers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newsgroup providers

Can anyone suggest a good newsgroup provider that keeps messages longer then 48 hours and doesnt cost all that much?
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

www.teranews.com (They are anonymous!)

Have an account that costs a one-time fee of $3.50 for 50megs a day.

Comment

I've been using Easy News for a while and have had good luck with them.
      The file retention period is 30 days and I seldom see
      files with parts missing.

Comment

If you are a heavy user, the best deal is from usenetserver.com:
        $14.45 a month (using "newsbin" coupon code) for 20GB per day at 2 Megabits/second speed. Their retention ranges from 6-10 days on binary groups and is 238 days for text groups.
        see these links:

Usenetserver.com provides access to Usenet news groups and NNTP feeds for business and private use.

Easynews is cool too and has great retention (~20 to 30 days), but it only offers 6GB per month for $10.

Some isp news servers are pretty good too (if you are fortunate enough to be their customer): cox.net gives you access to 3 servers (each allowing 4 connections at 384 kbits/sec) upto 3 Mbit/sec total! with 5-7 days retention.
        Last edited by Tomasz; 14 September 2002, 12:25.

Comment

Easy News is probably the best out there, at least in my experience it is.

VigilAnt
          VigilAnt

Comment

mailgate, and it's free

Not sure how long the messages are kept though, but you can read them both on a website or with a regular newreader.

Jörg
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Easynews rocks. Been using it for over 2 years. 6GB is plenty. I hardly ever go over, plus if u want more u just pay for it.
              [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
              Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
              Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
              Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
              Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Re: Newsgroup providers

Originally posted by GT98
                Can anyone suggest a good newsgroup provider that keeps messages longer then 48 hours and doesnt cost all that much?
                I've been using Newscene (www.newscene.com) for about 1 1/2 years. Great speeds (I average around 230 - 270 kilobytes/sec on most days) and retention (roughly 7 to 12 days on most binary groups and about 21 days for text groups).

They have a number of different pricing plans (I use the 120 gigs or 3 month plan myself).

Comment

Working...
                X