X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulk G400 MAX and location of R68 pin

Hello !

I am using G400 MAX with a BX board.
    I am planning to buy either a Gigabyte GA-8IEX or ASUS P4B266SE.
    I got my G400 MAX from my brother who had told me it was from
    his Dell machine.
    I have not opened my PC case yet. However when I checked the
    serial number thru the Display properties windows , it says
    the serial number is KDK28471.

My question ;

Is there a way to know whether my G400 MAX is compatible with the new motherboard without opening the PC case ?

If I have to check the card myself, what's the surest way of checking whether it is compatible with the new board , the unconnected R68 pin ?

If it doesn't boot with the new board, I would appreciate if someone tells me where the R68 is located in the card.
    Is it easy to find ?

I found there is a link to a image file in this forum, however the link seems to be broken.

Regards,

Hello chcho01.

R68 is a SMD resistor, not an header..
    I have discussed this on Matrox Forums:

The image you want to see may be found in this thread on MURC forums: (fifth page, Greebe's post)

I am still waiting for my new mobo to try!

Bye!
    <b><i><font size="+1">Zanna.</font></i></b>
    <p><b><font size="-2"><hr>Current Config: Asus P4C800 Deluxe / Intel Pentium 4c 3.2 Ghz - 800 Mhz Bus / Dual 512Mb DDR 400 Ram (1Gb) / Matrox Millennium G400Max /&nbsp;&nbsp;Sound Blaster Audigy 2 /&nbsp; Western Digital WD2500JB: 250 Gb-7.2Krpm-8MBcache! / Superfloppy LS120 /&nbsp;Yamaha CRW-F1e /&nbsp;LG&nbsp;52x CDROM /&nbsp;Dual Boot 98se / W2k</font></b></p>

Comment

chcho01 - Please remove the serial number in you first post. Then open your case, write down the model number (should read somehow like "G4+M4A32DG") and post that number here.

Ah and welcome on board.

MK
      <font size="1">
      Celeron II 700 @ 1,1 GHz
      ASUS CUSL2-C, Bios 1009 final
      Alpha 6035MFC, 60 -> 80mm adapter
      2 x 80mm Papst Cooler 19/12dB
      256 MB PC133 Crucial 7E (CAS2)
      Maxtor Diamond MAX VL40
      ATI Radeon 8500 64MB @ Catalyst 3.0
      Hauppauge WinTV TV-Card
      Iiyama Vision Master Pro 400
      Plustek Optic Pro U12B
      HP Deskjet 959C
      Plantronics LS1 Headset
      all on W2k Professional SP2
      </font>

Comment

I've opened my case and checked the numbers.

It is 'G4+MMDHA32' and 906-04 Rev. B.

I took a look at the R68 area , however I couldn't make sure whether it is connected or not.

If I want to use the card with P4B266SE (or Giga board), do I have to connect the two pins ?

If connected, can I still use the card with the current BX compatible board ?

Thank you for your help...

Comment

R68 if had been installed would have been a zero ohm resistor. Short the two pads and you are done.

I've modified mine just to see the effects, no change other than added support for more MB's than previously.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Yesterday, I purchased Giga GA-8IGX with Northwood 1.8A.
            As I am not sure whether my G400MAX will work with the board, I have not inserted it to AGP port.
            Currently I am running my XP with built in 845G graphics chipset.

Is it okay to plug my G400 into the AGP slot to test whether it might work with my new mother board ?

The motheboard manufacturer attached a warning that 3.3V card will damage the board.

As I can not tell whether the R68 pins are connected with my eyes, is it okay to test the connectivity by using a tester ?

Comment

The pads aren't connected by Matrox so there is no need to test.

It should work fine... the G400 auto switches between 3.3 and 1.5v
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X