Best format for video:size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best format for video:size

What would be the best format for make per say Music Videos? Usually they are 3 minutes long and I would like to put them on CDs. I've heard of Vivo a while back but I don't know how out dated that is. I reacenltly heard about DiVX but don't know jack about that... And what about MPEG2?? or VCD?? I'm just confused. Looking for any suggestions as to what I should use..

[This message has been edited by BogusBill (edited 12 July 2000).]

Probably the most universal CD video format at the moment is the MPEG-1 'white book' Video CD (VCD). They can play on most multimedia computers, most DVD players and of course VCD/SVCD players. VCD is *very* popular in Asia. There's a lot to learn and you need good source footage and equipment for decent results. Do a search on Video CD at this forum to find out more and check out the Video CD Q&A Forum at:
    http://www.greenspun.com/bboard/q-an...pic=Video%20CD

DiVX I don't know much about at all - I think it's for game consoles(?). MPEG-2 is for Super VCDs and DVDs which are more complicated to make and less universal.

HTH
    Intel TuC3 1.4 | 512MB SDRAM | AOpen AX6BC BX/ZX440 | Matrox Marvel G200 | SoundBlaster Live! Value | 12G/40G | Pioneer DVR-108 | 2 x 17" CRTs

Comment

Working...
    X