The Euro is bad for your health !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Euro is bad for your health !

Never mind the supposed constitutional problems involved in joining the euro - the coins themselves could turn out to be bad for your health, writes Andrew Osborn in Brussels

IIRC this is first of all old news and secondly the nickel concentration in the Euro's is still lesser than in older coins.

But that's just my shady memory so take it with a pinch of salt.

Comment

Ok, I will attend for your health: just send me your Euro-coins, so you avoid any chance of sickness caused by them.
      (well it's worth a try... )

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

i suffer from a nickel allergy and i have no symptoms at all. so false alarm i'd say.
        no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

What I absolutely don't like about the Euro is that the people who designed the coins apparently didn't think too much.

The 20 cents coin has these nice .. "holes" (what would be the appropriate word here?), which cause quite a few problems for vending machines - they either can't detect them properly (so they won't accept 20c coins, making them pile up in my pocket), or make them more expensive by adding means to detect them properly (so they won't accept 20c coins).

Also I've heard that the coins from different countries differ slightly in weight, thus "foreign" euro coins aren't guaranteed to work in vending machines either.

Oh, and I just HATE it that everything has become more expensive, especially restaurants. But that's not the Euro's direct fault.

I like the concept of one unified currency for europe, though

AZ
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

If I remeber carefully (history classes) wasn't there one currency for all (well, most of them that belonged in the Roman Empire) of the eastern countries a long tiem ago, possibly 1500-1600 years ago?
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Working...
            X